Looking at the marijuana industry for long term investment. Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Stacked, Mar 3, 2014.

1. HeinrichM

HeinrichM Active Member

As mentioned in a couple of the replies the long-term outlook is were the question lies. The market is definitely there and legally there seem to be some easing of the restrictions. Marijuana is and will stay a contentious issue for the short term. It might be a good idea to invest in the equipment side of things as suggested by Stacked in the initial post.

2. ZammyCash

ZammyCash Member

That's really interesting, as more and more companies will be in need of equipment that can be a real money maker investment. I hadn't really thought about it but sounds great.

3. starbengal

starbengal Guest

This is something I am planning to get into , I do not think that it can be stopped now that it is heating up and the potential for growth is huge. I suppose the government could attempt a crackdown but seeing as they have had many years and have not yet been able to eliminate marijuana plus the public shift of view on it I do not see that happening, besides there is money to made and we all know they want a piece of that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  4. Mr.Robinson

Mr.Robinson Member

One thing to note is that MJ doesn't have export potential even if it is legalised all around the US. On the other hand, the ability to import it -when it becomes legal- might put a cap on the rise of such stocks.

5. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

Depends on whether or not you think the country will continue down the path of accepting Marijuana being legal. I think it's a controversial item and I wouldn't think investing heavily into something that's only legal in a few states would be a smart investment. Might be years before you start seeing any return and that's only assuming it does become legal country wide.

6. ursell

ursell Guest

I wouldn't invest in marijuana stock I don't care if it would make me millions of dollars. I feel like if I invest in marijuana stock it's like
    I approve of it which I don't. No more states should legalized marijuana for medicinal purposes that's just there way to
    legalized an illegal drugs. That's my take.

7. Mr.Robinson

Mr.Robinson Member

IMHO, with that way of thinking, they should ban cigarettes first!
    Since the damage cigarettes cause is far worse than the damage MJ may cause and far more addicting.
    The reason MJ is risky for the population is that it acts like a step to harder drugs, but that's usually because it is illegal and the people who sell MJ in those settings are shady profiles looking to sell more and more drugs.

8. GottStock

GottStock Member

Well I just "jumped all over that". Thanks for the tips everyone. I've been out of the stock market for a while however I've kept my ear to the ground in hopes of finding a good penny stock to jump into and I think this is it. Everyone is excited about Marijuana these days. And I've always believe that "following the hype" with a sober mind was a good way to invest. Yes, not the sort of strategy that you are going to see taught in school, but it earned me a three hundred percent profit when I was in the stock market before. We'll see how I do this time :)

9. bms00

bms00 Member

If marijuana were legalized under federal law, the big American tobacco companies are the ones perfectly positioned to take advantage of that. MO, RAI, and LO are the plays if you want to speculate on who could make money in marijuana. Even if that doesn't materialize, all three are highly profitable and pay around three-quarters of it back in dividends.

10. firelily99

firelily99 Well-Known Member

It might be a good investment but then again its all so new that I would want to be sure that all the kinks are out of selling or dispensing legalized weed. The states are going to look at places like Colorado who can be their crash test dummy in terms what can go wrong with this.

Tags: