Malaysian Airlines Plane... and Russia

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Kate, Jul 18, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I don't think so, i read some article that it had some technical difficulties and actually burnt in the air before reaching the ocean...for that particular flight one cannot really know because every new day, there is a speculative article in that regard but for this current flight it was actually shot down, i 'm wondering what repercussions Russia/Ukraine will have to face in the light of this matter, i don't think something this sinister can be easily downplayed. What will happen to Malaysian Airlines by the way, as a brand...don't you think people will look for other flights to use in the upsurge of those two tragedies? :(

2. Taki

Taki Active Member

The attack on that plane has already had worldwide implications as you so called them. Oil shot up literally within minutes of the news being released. I have a real issue with commodities changing price because of the baseless fears of investors and the greed of speculators anticipating a tightening of supply for no reason and gumming up the works of a very closely regulated supply line such as oil is.

Investors and speculators were able and were allowed to profit off of a disaster and that is immoral and just plain wrong. I'm not sure why world governments won't do something about it considering allowing fear based trades is costing the global general economy trillions a year in unnecessary price increases that make their way to private hands who already have more than their fair share.

Anyway...I think the shooting of this plane is one of the first steps to the nest world war. We all need to be prepared. I purchased another six months of long lasting food and a couple more thousand rounds of ammo for each of my firearms the day it happened. My investments are made for the long term so I did not touch them. If something happens to those companies I'll have a lot more to worry about than a portfolio...

3. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

It does seem bizarre that they're trying to hide something that has already been established. And Putin... childish? I'm thinking more like scared spitless. Today I heard about the separatists moving/hiding the *bodies* ??!! What kind of mindset would possibly think that's a good idea?!

4. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

What exactly 'has been established' and by who'? How long do you think they should leave the body parts just lying there then Kate?

5. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

By whom? Worldwide press... you don't read the news? And maybe you didn't understand me. I said the rebels were TAKING the bodies out of the area instead of turning them over to the authorities who would turn them over to their ... I don't know, countries or embassies, I guess, who would in turn give them to the families.

Serious question, were you baiting, or didn't you really hear any of this on the news?

6. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

Yes, I read the 'Worldwide press'.

Which seems pretty sensible to me. They are now being stored in refrigeration to maintain at least some preservation of the remains

Serious answer: I seem to be reading different news sources to you. or maybe you just interpret them differently, I don't know which as you didn't post any links. All the news sources I have read, say accusations have been made but there is no hard evidence as to who is responsible for this particular shoot down. Speculation is really all that is available at this time. Most likely opinion is currently that it was accidentally shot down by unknown persons, possibly members of the Ukrainian army, possibly militia members of the Donetsk Peoples Republic.

In an attempt to try to get some perspective, here are a few sources which describe some of the issues; a ceasefire still not established, lack of international experts, decomposing bodies being just some...

http://rt.com/news/174200-international-experts-crash-site/

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...d-over-ukraine-298-dead/article1-1241737.aspx

Whilst you appear upset that the people on the ground, (militia in a war zone) are in your opinion "moving/hiding the *bodies* ??!!" and opining; "What kind of mindset would possibly think that's a good idea?!". An entirely different complaint is being made by others:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/uk...cry-over-treatment-mh17-victims-grows-n160096

Hope this helps in getting some perspective.

7. healthandfitness

healthandfitness Well-Known Member

Something is very awkward about the recent plane situation with Malaysia. First we have a plane that literally vanishes, then another that is shot down out of the sky. Are these instances related? Why Malaysia? What type of intel would they have to know the specifics for the flight location and when to pull the trigger. These things are not easily done by mere rebels operating without assistance from some power higher than the typical rebels... IMHO.

8. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

Reports of Kiev increasing attacks on Donetsk even as air investigators arrive. Shouldn't there be a ceasefire?

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Kiev.../M.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

More information is made available and Russia asks questions about MH17 events. Inc very interesting video in which Russian ministry releases its own forensic analysis of what happened to flight MH17 (with English translation).

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...g-buk-missiles-east-rader-proof-warplanes-mh1

9. Paul

Paul Active Member

You're right about that, it does sound fishy. Planes have just been going missing left and right, and it's crazy! I also think that they do have some sort of upper government help with the situation.

10. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

Hope this is not construed as 'U.S bashing' but it appears the, U.S 'official MH17 assessment' is based on YouTube. Main 'evidence' being, a youtube audio clip from the Ukraine government which l hear was made a day before the crash, as a legit source. Makes you wonder why they spend trillions on NSA and spy satellites etc when all they need do is ask the Ukrainian government for their 'intel'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQRvINebeok&feature=youtu.be