Malaysian prime minister confirms plane debris is from MH370

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by MalorieJX, Aug 5, 2015.

1. MalorieJX

MalorieJX Well-Known Member

2. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

They had already been 99% sure but it is good to know this is fully confirmed.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...rom-flight-mh370/ar-BBlqQKG?ocid=ansnewsreu11

I hope this might help some the the family members dealing with a lost loved one and no body to bury.

Sometimes the conspiracy theory nuts really drive me crazy. It can't help people process their loss when all sorts of weirdos are coming up with stories about how your family member might be kidnapped somewhere out there. It was never plausible. Of course they will now say the flaperon was planted by [whoever] to deceive them.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Do you remember the time when the Aussie PM confirmed the debris found on their shores that it was part of the flight MH 370? That they claimed it had sunk in the Indian Ocean which is out of logic as per the flight plan. Now, after a year they are still pushing with that claim. Why don't they get out of the box? Is it impossible for aliens to abduct that plane that's why it had lost contact just like that?

4. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

I don't remember that at all, and doubt it happened. They looked at some debris but none of it was identified as coming from MH370.

And is the alien abduction theory impossible--it's as close to impossible as anything gets in being unprecedented, not supported by any evidence, and about as plausible as the plane being attacked by a herd of feral Pegasus.

5. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

It is great news that this has finally been confirmed. Now the families of the victims of this tragedy can finally have some closure. For so long they were faced with the unknown, now they can have some peace.

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Last year when the Malaysian airlines plane was shot down in Ukraine, conspiracy theorists claimed that this was the same plane which had disappeared earlier in the year. Now that parts of the missing plane have been discovered elsewhere that debunks all those stupid conspiracy theories. I don't believe though that they'll find the rest of the plane any time soon.

7. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I'm glad that there has been some sort of progress with regards to finding the aircraft or at least part of it. This way, the loved-ones of the victims at least found some answer as to what happened and where could their loved-ones be. I could just imagine the anguish the family members of the victims faced for more than a year trying to figure out what happened to their loved-ones. It is more painful to not have any clue at all about what happened to your loved-one.

8. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

Finally there is a closure! But that situation begs the question, if the debris was not from MH370, could the Malaysian PM fake the report to give a closure on the matter? I mean, the Malaysian government has come under lot of pressure to close the case and could they they hide the truth about what really happened? I am not a conspiracy theorist but I think there is a lot of unexplained things that happened after the disappearance of MH370.

9. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I think having this confirmation will now give the families of the victims peace of mind. It's very possible that MH370 crashed somewhere in the Indian Ocean, that the impact completely obliterated it that's why debris is rare to find and now we're just seeing it a year afterwards. Now, realizing that the debris is there then we can assume abduction isn't a good theory that aliens weren't involved whatsoever and it was probably just a crash.

Tags: