Man Assaulted Girlfriend For Not Smelling His Armpit

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

It's all about the most catching headline. Think about it, what would grab your attention more:

"Man arrested over domestic dispute"
    Or
    "Man arrested over armpit dispute"

2. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

This is true, the armpit thing could be one little detail that was taken completely out of context and sensationalized just to make a headline people will click on then share and discuss and get others to click on.
    All these clicks are money for someone.

3. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

Oh my god... The weird thing about stories like this is that I'm not surprised anymore, lol. There are a lot of people in the world doing all kind of strange things that situations like this aren't a surprise. But I hope that this guy has what he deserves, you don't have to treat a person like this.

4. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

How about a link? There could be a lot of reasons why he did this he could be drunk, it could've been a fetish, he's probably mentally ill or maybe he's on drugs nevertheless all options are utterly ridiculous and not valid enough to hit another person especially your partner. The world gets stranger everyday but the news is much worse because it's enabling this ridiculous piece of work.

5. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Exactly. It's all about what's gonna draw people in more and a headline hinting at just a regular dispute regardless of details will not get people clicking. It's all about those little details that change the norm that captures the masses attentions.

6. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Reminds me of something a girl shared on FB. It was a stupid misogynistic rant on a crappy site, a young lady I knew shared it with such outrage and disgust!
    I reminder her that this article was written for her, she was the target audience. It was a bunch of non-sense meant to get ladies panties in a bunch so they would share it and make the author money via clicks. She was literally financially supporting something she was firmly against.

Some people just don't get how the internet works.

7. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

What with all the social justice stuff there is lately, people are having a field day with doing stuff like that and "triggering" people into reading their stuff and gaining money from the views.

What was her reaction to your reply, out of interest?

8. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

Wow some things are just stranger than fiction. How crazy is that. I'm glad he got arrested for the attack.