Market retreats as energy shares fall slightly after sharp rise.

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by eddiemoneys, Jan 25, 2016.

1. eddiemoneys

eddiemoneys Well-Known Member

It's not looking good for energy shares right now on the market this afternoon, but maybe it will recover a little after the initial shock of other market activity.

Oil prices have shaken a few stocks up, but it may be the energy market stabilizing since they had significant gains last week that were above what was initially expected. You're going to see some interesting mergers and tactics in 2016 to adapt to the market changes happening this month.

I just tried to post the article to it for the New York Times, however the site isn't letting me do so yet. You can find more and read it online via Google News and other sources if you're interested to see where it is at right now.

How do the changes with energy shares affect you? Are you stable with your portfolio and expecting it? Or was it a hit to your investments after the incline last week?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Energy shares are on the downslide all over the world. This is an after effect of Saudi Arabia's continued pumping of oil to the excess. As the price of oil in the world market goes down and so are the stocks connected to energy. However, alternative energy is on the rise although the stock share prices are not encouraging enough. By the way, Saudi Arabia's reason for pumping too much oil is their fear of the alternative energy.

3. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I think energy shares will continue to be volatile this year although I'm hoping for a sign of stability before the year ends. We're still at the beginning of the new year so I'm still positive that the shares would catch up soon this year.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

A few percent up or down for energy shares does absolutely nothing to my portfolio. I've only got a few percentages of energy, though even so of course I can see some of the long term effects from the falling oil prices. I never look at it from 1 day to the next, it's always about the long term.