Mary Jo White Defies Political Meddling in First Year at SEC

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by HeinrichM, Apr 14, 2014.

1. HeinrichM

HeinrichM Active Member

Interesting article in the DallasNews with regard to Mary Jo White. One of the biggest issues that she has to deal with currently is the claims that the stock market is rigged. She has shown in her first year that she does not allow politics to influence her decisions and it will be interesting to see how she handles the latest crisis.

2. Annabell

Annabell Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, it is indeed rather interesting to see how she's been handling things. Hopefully she'll be able to ride the tide that is coming, which is no doubt going to be rather difficult to do.

3. waseem59

waseem59 Well-Known Member

Mary jo white can not handle the stock market wisely, it will be the biggest issue in the stock market.

4. Philosophydaddy

Philosophydaddy Member

Forgive my ignorance but, what does a person in a position like that do? I thought the Fed dealt with interest rates so what does she do? Does she handle policy as to whether or not to approve trades or something?

5. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

I would not want to be Mary Joe right now. We have war emerging. We have bankers jumping out of building. All of the signs of a fast approaching crash are there. She has a tough road ahead of her.

6. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Active Member

This trend of bankers jumping from building is so crazy to me. I know that there is something going on that we do not know and if will definitely affect the market. I would not be surprised if the system was rigged. I try not to let politics influence my choices either.

7. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

Mary Jo should just step out of this.