Meet The 100 Year Old Woman Who Works 11 Hours a Day

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Nov 24, 2015.

1. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

'Age is just a number' She proved that again, Great.

2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

I believe that work is to blame for her age. Some people are used to it and it is not easy for them to quit. If she was here in Serbia, she would be a hundred years old housewife because you cannot find a job here if you are 25 with two PHDs. Or maybe she wouldn't last for hundred years. Anyway i admire those people and i wish her another 100 years if possible. It is inspirational to think about it, imagine seeing her working every day. It is a life changer for people lie me who like to see life where it is not likely to see anything. It is easy to be energetic when you are young. Try doing that in old age like this. It is admirable.

3. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I think people should do what they enjoy when they reach retirement age, for those that love to work they should continue to work. Those who love to travel or otherwise recreate should do that. Those that have projects they want to do in retirement are those that thrive from it. The worst thing is sitting around and wishing you had a job to go to. Those people tend not to live very long after retirement.

4. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

I would have been retired. Working at the age of 100 is ridiculous.

5. ARP

ARP Member

Sadly, not everyone has a choice. Some people can't stop working or else their debt will be put on someone else when they die.

6. anders

anders Well-Known Member

Yeah, this was my first thought. But they do say that if you find a job you like you'll never have to work another day in your life. I suspect this is the thing here: she'll probably enjoy the social aspect of working, and she's probably thankful for her continued health, so she just keeps on working. Good on her...

7. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

This is so amazing! And I feel very strongly that it's because of the work and keeping active that she has made it to 100. I guess that's a no-brainer, but I've often heard that once people "retire to the rocking chair" they shorten their life and basically give up. I do believe it.

As for me... nowhere ready for the rocking chair yet ;) but already I know the importance of keeping active... and of learning. Life would be so lonely and boring without learning new things. I have a goal to keep on learning something every single day. Never know what I'll come across when I do that. It's often led to new and exciting interests.

Lifelong learning for me... working 11 hours a day for this woman. I guess we all have our favorite ways to keep us active and happy!

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think your right when you say that a big part of her getting to the age she is, is actually because she's still working.

You often hear about people that save all their life for their retirement and when it does come, not long later they pass away. I also know a few people who have retired then gone back to work a few months later. Some people just prefer to work, and there's nothing wrong with that.

9. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Well, as for me, I can find better things to do in retirement that working for someone else..but each to their own. If you like and enjoy your job, and it gives you a reason to keep on going...then why not? We all find our passion in life..or try to, and if hers is working then that is what it is.

10. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

Man I'm a pussy in comparison to this granny lol. I complain about my regular 40 hour work weeks where I'm sitting on my ass all the time. Time to suck it up and be an old woman.