Microsoft falls 9.25%

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Onionman, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I think that Microsoft had several opportunities to rebound and failed. Since XP that they have been downhill, Vista was very bad, 8 is far from awesome and that's it, they are living from the past.

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I think Microsoft will rebound. They still have a very large market share. The surface is a fairly succesful tablet so they have shown recently that they have the ability to innovate. Time will tell, but I'm still bullish on this company.

3. Turbolag

Turbolag Active Member

Thank you guys for the response.

Sounds like its a speculative buy. I'm definitely going to follow it and see how it goes.

EDIT: Also, along with pc operating systems, they still have the Xbox 1, and I think it has been really successful so far. The people that I have talked to that have one have had positive reviews. So that might be something to consider?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yes, Microsoft is more than the OS and Office, but even so I am under the impression their stocks are not going to value anytime soon.

5. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I guess it depends whether you think that the bar has been reset to a low enough level. Just because it's not going to grow at the same level as in the past, it doesn't mean that it doesn't have a price that it's worth buying it at. Everything has a value - even scrap.

6. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Well-Known Member

MS is losing market share because people are using smart devices instead of PCs and Laptops. They failed to gain marketshare with thier mobile OS, it is pretty much a failure. They still are doing strong in their office products and office databases. The company will still be around for a long time, but they will become like IBM. They will earn a regular revenue, but they will not have massive growth like the old days.

7. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Not likely unless they create something entirely new. Relying on the same old products which worked but have free alternatives which are almost as good will see to it that Microsoft keeps "drifting South" for an indefinite time. Hope not for a resurgence.

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

They have a lot of stuff going on, not just the windows OS and xbox. To get a more detailed information about where their revenue comes from you need to do some research, starting with reading the latest quarterly earnings. (available on their website)

9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I think their best days are long gone, unless they can come up with some new and innovative products. Who knows? Everyone thought Apple was dead a decade or so ago. But Microsoft is already a huge company - they could end up being like IBM.

10. turt

turt Guest

Microsoft is a lot different than Apple though. They have a huge enterprise presence while Apple is fueled by consumers. Pushing into the web server space wouldn't be a bad idea either. Right now it's dominated by LAMP. A well priced, fast and secure stack all in one could be a great seller.