Microsoft falls 9.25%

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Onionman, Jan 27, 2015.

1. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

Is anyone on here going to sell or buy MSFT stock based on this news?

2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Microsoft has proven that they are never down and out. They will come back with a vengeance and they will surely bring something that is innovative and groundbreaking to the technological community. They just need to hire some young talent and give them better deals than what their rivals are offering.

3. AtlantaSports

While I agree with you to an extent, if they bring a new, innovative product to the market, then they are definitely back where they used to be. It will not take too much for them to get back to where they once were.

4. AtlantaSports

If I owned stock in Microsoft, I would not sell just yet. I would wait and see where this is going before I made any moves. I also would not buy into it yet because you really do not know what is going to happen with this company.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I used this opportunity to take a small short position. Did the same thing with that other dinosaur GE a couple of weeks ago when they moved up more in one day than they have in eons, and I've made a nice shortterm profit there.

6. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

We're definitely seeing silly outsized movements on the stock around the company's results time - at least it's been that way this quarterly results and last. I wouldn't be one to jump into the name after a 10% rise though. I think its share price performance is a reflection of a broader bubbly market environment.

7. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

No, because I no longer hold any stock in Microsoft. Actually, it has been a long time since I have. It is hard to imagine a scenario in which they'll ever be as dominate as before after the decade of Ballmer's idiocy, but who knows.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

[video=youtube;mevxenJ6Mtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevxenJ6Mtc[/video]

9. yuki808

yuki808 Member

I blame it on Microsoft's Window's 8 format (setup) and processing. I think most consumers of Microsoft knows the infamous Windows 8 touch face home screen set up with no start button and options as a jumbled mess. I think that message has been spread around a bit in the past years of Window 8's run time. I think the worst of it all will be when Microsoft decides to make a Windows 10 computer. The stock could be going down, because of all the negativity behind Windows 8. It makes the new consumer not want to purchase it, and maybe choose something better. I've actually noticed that at one point Apple was in the head of the game, then all of a sudden just got junk, then android and google took over. Now apple is finally picking up the pace once again. Will it surpass Microsoft? I think so, with a 9.25% drop. Oh yeah, it will drop.

10. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

I do agree about Windows 8. It's far too problematic and reminds me of Vista and not in a good way. Windows 10 is scheduled for release in the next few months anyway and claims to be a return to the simplicity of previous versions. Reviews are positive but of course, we won't know the full story until Joe Public begins to use and report back on it.