Microsoft falls 9.25%

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by Onionman, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Taki

Taki Active Member

I think they are making a mistake by changing Windows into a service rather than releasing operating systems. This is what they are planning after Windows 10, supposedly their "last" version of windows. I don't know about you but I don't want to pay for Windows by the month.

I'm still using Windows 7 because I refuse to upgrade to that useless version 8. I certainly don't want to get in a situation where updates are forced on me as a service and all of a sudden software that worked yesterday that I depend on quits working because of an upgrade I CANT get rid of or revert to a previous version. I've had to cut off updates to 7 because of that issue already but at least I can do that with 7.

Not fond of the way they are branding the OS to a particular machine either. I generally keep my OS on an external SSD drive and move from machine to machine throughout the week. That approach is NOT going to work for the way I use a computer.

I am impressed with Hololens though and will likely purchase the product as soon as its available. Its the most advanced piece of tech we've seen from MS since Windows itself.

2. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I just thing it's straight forward evolution. Microsoft was part of a different era where its products and position in the marketplace were very relevant. Things have definitely changed for them. There's still some value in the company as they have a pile of cash and still have a very installed user base but we shouldn't expect the returns of old on this stock.

3. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that Onionman, Microsoft still dominates the OS and Office market, but it's no longer a company that dominates the rest of the market. Let's see for how long they will dominate those areas.