Microsoft or Apple stock?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by queenbellevue, Mar 28, 2015.

1. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

Which do you think will have better growth this year? MSFT has their Windows 10 coming out, but Apple also has their much anticipated apple watch. What are you going to invest in?

2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

It really is just more of a preference thing from here, really. Idiots are still going to buy the Apple Watch(there's no need for it, but that's just my opinion)which means that Apple is going to gain money from that. Microsoft always has a consistent following as well, so it really is all up in the air. Read some reports about the numbers that each product is supposed to do.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I personally don't like either but if I would have to choose I'd go with Apple. They have a huge fanbase, their products sell very well and they are basically debt free. (the debt that they have is mainly due to tax planning)

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I still like Apple.

5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I don't watch the stocks of either company as of late. But just from the popularity of their products I don't see them losing any ground. Unless samsung comes in and takes away some of the phone market form apple, which they are doing.

Microsoft products are in most business offices all around the world. I don't see anyone taking them over anytime soon.

Both stock seen high. Just look for some down time and pull backs on their stick and value. But in the long run they will go up, and that's what you are counting on, the long term.

6. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

I'd probably go with Apple too but I don't think that the new watch is going to be the retail sensation that it is being touted as. Regardless of it's capabilities, it still has quite a gimmicky feel to it and I think it could easily go the same way as Gooogle Glass.

There is a place in the market for both companies to thrive. Apple only really need to keep going as they are and the forthocming release of Windows 10 means that Microsoft's profits are sure to rise as well.

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

The problem is that Microsofts products are both expensive and quite weak compared to a lot of the alternatives. More and more home devices are running iOS or linux based systems. The majority of data servers are running linux/unix based systems. All supercomputers run them because they are simply more effective.
    Thing is, Microsoft is only doing well because everyone is used to having Windows. Recently I've seen government facilities such as schools turn to Linux because it's free and just as effective, just takes getting used to.

8. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

Where are you from? There is more than just the American/UK market. Worldwide, Microsoft and Apple are DOMINATING when it comes to PC OS. I've been to a bunch of countries over 3 continents and I've not seen a single PC run anything other than Windows or the Apple OS

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Apple has been doing well for quite some time now and they'll still be doing well for a really long time. A smart investor will look a little bit further off into the future. They've got the iWatch coming out, they'll be making more money with Mobile payments . . . while Microsoft's future is uncertain. That's why I'd choose Apple's stock anytime.

10. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

I'd go with Apple, of a variety of reasons. Microsoft just can't seem to get it together. They have some new leadership, so hopefully it will turn around.