MORALITY WITHOUT GOD?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Spinoza99, Nov 8, 2015.

1. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

For me, Ethics and morality never goes hands in hand. since childhood, the hatred which i suffered in school(because of epilepsy disease), It was enough to make me criminal at 1 stage. after that, when i started yoga, again hatred from some relatives, because, I was focusing more on enlightenment rather than money.
    what i learned is, listen to all, but do only that, where your heart and mind both agreed and I don't think, any child can learn that from his parents or anybody else.
    In world many great moralistic legends are unlucky parents. many great moralistic legends have unlucky parents. same words for masters or teachers. Many masters have unlucky disciples.
    and god gave brain to everybody. I think, how we use that, that's important.

when i was child,7-8 years old, In school, i read, never speak lie,pictures of great legends which encourages me, this is your future, but at evening, when i play cricket with my same-age neighbor. he always speaks lie, he want batting always. even i proved , he is out. he own bat, so he blackmails me. after that, i tried to speak lie, but i realized, i am not a good liar and lying is harmful. slowly, i learned myself from my experiences, some people hate you, if you hate them too. then what's difference in between you and them. in fact, they will win, if you hate them. after that, i gave up my hatred and kept only 1 goal. be moral being in your own eyes, on every step some people try to insult you or tease you. but, you stay same inside. stay whatever you are, 14 years ago, my parents told me find job, earn money, do this, do that. but, i did whatever i want. 10 years, they were angry about my nature. but today, they feel proud on me. as parents, they worried about me. but, today, they convinced, the choices which i made in my life. most of them were right.

so, I think, you are moral being or not ? you can ask this question to yourself. don't need anybody's hand to prove you are moralistic and don't need anybody's hand to make you moral. because, what you did, why you did something under some circumstances, only you knew truth.

2. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

accepting Morals goes hands in hands is same like, we need God to have morals. about this, we already discussed. this can make you weak inside again. because, for morals , you are dependent on any hand or god.

3. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

God created us, that's all, why to involve god again and again. are we so weak , for everything we need God ? be grateful to god, respect god, love god. but, please don't involve god again and again, for sickness of our own mind.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Yes, there can be morality without God or without religion. Yet, there are religious people who aren't moral at all. So religion doesn't dictate your morality at all. You have the option to be religious and moral or not be religious but still be moral. However, I chose to believe in God because it makes me fearful, humble and faithful. I still might be moral without it, but I know for sure I cannot stay humble believing that everything here on Earth isn't made by Him. I will not be fearful if I know that there is nothing after death. I will not be faithful without God by my side.

5. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

I really have no idea what your point is. But I hope you understand that you live in a world with people who have different faiths or are agnostic or atheist. As such those people act according to their own beliefs.

Communication between people improves when they understand that we each get to make your own choices about what we believe, and when we use correctly punctuated sentences.

6. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

my point is simple, all beliefs have same destiny . maybe God believer or atheist. but, both must follow morals as a human. everybody have freedom to decide his own morals. but, Everybody must check that also. his morals improvised his life or not. Self belief, Confidence, will power, passion etc. exist inside God believer as well as agnostic or atheist too.
    In short, find your own strength, instead of finding God exist or not.

sorry, forgive me about my punctuation mistakes.

7. danben

danben Member

Without God, I do believe that there still would be morality. Why? Because as creatures we still hate to see suffering and look out for each other. As far as exercising sexually freedom, I am not sure.

8. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Active Member

^ This. In my understanding, the sense of 'morality' or right and wrong comes from within, not some book. Don't do to others what you don't want done to yourself. That is the basis of rights and wrongs. That is the 'Golden Rule' of Confucius. And that comes from the person's own self and is quite frankly, very logical and very natural. In my opinion, anyone who needs a dictum pounded to their head so that they 'learn' what and what not to do without ever thinking for themselves, really need to have that book. Because if they didn't, I shudder at the thought of coexisting with these people. :(

9. ajaskey

ajaskey Member

How 'bout "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" as a self preservation tool? I read this thread with an ad to the right about dating Russian girls...

10. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Exactly. And I'll add the holy scriptures of several world religions (e.g., the Old Testament, the Qur'an, etc.) do indeed have the God character ordering the wholesale slaughter of certain peoples. The sad history of humanity reflects that reality.