Most important political issue?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by gmckee1985, Sep 16, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

What is the most important political issue for you personally? What is the issue you vote on the most? Abortion? Taxes? Size of government? For me, it's the size of government. I feel like it's always the most important issue in every election. Ultimately we're deciding what role we imagine for government in society. Personally I want as small a government as possible while still having enough services to provide for the less fortunate. I'm always going to side with the politician or party who is going to reign in the government and give us as much economic and personal liberty as possible.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Limited govt, adherence to the Constitution, minimal taxes and regs, free markets, and a strong national defense.

3. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

For me the most important political issue that is never spoken is equality, I think society lacks equality and fighting for a common goal.

4. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I am actually looking for a government that will provide a means of earning for its youth. Poverty is a great evil that still remains present in my region even after change of government. The leader who can change this will have my vote any day.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I always vote for this one party that would be somewhere on the right hand side. :p
    They share my views of low taxes (by cutting down social security expenditures) and they are very critical of immigration and integration into the EU. All of these three subjects are important to me and while there are many other issues, these are the ones that affect my vote the most.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I think that employment and underemployment is the major issue nowadays that needs to be solved the quickest, there are far too many people who aren't able to find work or who are forced to take jobs that are underpaid and/or under their qualifications, I think if an effort was made to resolve this, it would help fix the rest of the problems.

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

The employment is an important situation, but what about the causes for unemployment? How about the ridiculous wages football players and other receive while the rest earns less than 1% from that?

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Beyond the size of government I'm also a big advocate on social issues. Personally the abortion issue is near and dear to my heart. I feel as though we are wrong as country to allow the practice. I believe the Supreme Court clearly got the issue wrong in Roe v. Wade. And I believe that we we should strive as a society to reduce the amount of abortions performed in this country year by year through better education, stricter regulations, and an improved moral outlook.

9. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

The most important political issue for me will forever be taxes; and this is because taxes dictate who much money I am able to save, earn and spend, and! like death, it is another sure thing of life, so I am very keen about taxes, they affected my life from the day I was born and will continue through to the day I am dead. Over taxation I believe is a method of injustice. A Government needs to understand very early in political ruler ship that you will not be able to solve financial problems by constant taxation; the people are the life of the country and if you suck the greatest commodity (money) from the people, what is expected?
    I support taxes, as this is a critical way of gathering funds to operate a country, however, taxes should be minimal to none ( at some periods of the year), a country ought to focus on nation building rather than finding new methods of digging into the pockets of the people. I know my argument sounds unusual, by that's my opinion.

10. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree that football players, other pro athletes, and top entertainers in general are paid disproportionately, to say the least. But the simple solution is to stop buying game / concert tickets and PPV games / concerts, along with merchandise, albums, etc. They make fortunes because our society has its priorities skewed - people worship entertainers and pay ungodly sums of money to be entertained by them. If 90% of this stopped, their pay would drop dramatically, to say the least.