Most important political issue?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by gmckee1985, Sep 16, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

The government already regulates abortion. I don't know if it will ever be completely abolished. But a lot of states have taken measures to shut down abortion clinics and reducing the access to the procedure. While I'm personally opposed to it, I'm fine with the issue being resolved and decided on a state by state basis.

2. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

I think that the most important has to be people, what we eat, drink and breathe and our focus is hardly on that.

3. springbreeze

springbreeze Well-Known Member

Recently, it has been to end the unnecessary wars. That was big for me when we had a ton of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now, that Obama has dramatically decreased our "official" involvement there, the issues that I find important are: taxes, business and political crimes, and unemployment

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yes, the wars are really necessary to sell weapons breeze, it's a deadly business, but eventually the most profitable in the US economy.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

What does that even mean? I don't think its the job of the government to look out for those things. I think it's the governments job to protect our borders, defend our country and establish the rule of law. Anything beyond that they are inefficient at.

6. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

Sadly, social issues like this often take precedence for most voters when voting for a candidate for public office. Not that they aren't important, but these issues shouldn't be the sole reason to vote for a candidate.

For me, I always take a close look at economic/job policies of a candidate and what they're going to do to help it move forward. As someone who will be entering my career field soon, it's been my biggest concern that my job won't be there. and what I pay the most attention to come election time.