Motif Investing

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by User911, Mar 16, 2015.

1. User911

User911 Well-Known Member

You might want to give Motif Investing a look. They charge $9.95 per trade. They have somewhat of a twist on what they have to offer. Rather than buying individual stocks, etc. you can actually create a portfolio with up to 20-30 stocks and you can either purchase that portfolio for yourself or you can make it public to other Motif investors and if they decide to buy the portfolio type that you created you will actually get a royalty! Of course, you will have to do some legwork to make up a theme for your portfolio and make sure that it is financially viable enough so that people would be interested in investing.

I only created a portfolio with 3 stocks that I was already interested in buying and I did not make it public so nobody else on the site knows what I purchased. However, I have a couple of ideas as to some portfolios that I would like to create and make public. I'd love to get some royalties!

As with other investing firms, they have a toll-free number you can call if you have questions and you'll have to fund your account by setting up a link between Motif and your bank.

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I looked them up before. I spend A LOT of time investing anyway so the royalty side of it was really interesting. There was something that made me turn away though... not sure what. Maybe they needed a certain minimum amount invested through them before we can start earning royalties? I'm 100% happy with my current broker so not looking to change but I wouldn't mind having Motif also if I could earn just on the royalties part.

3. Colebra

Colebra Well-Known Member

Minimum deposit:

Motif: None

Tradeking: None

Commission per trade:

Motif: $9,95

Tradeking: $4,95

Available for non-US citizens:

Motif: No

Tradeking: Yes

I'm sure that there is more important information to take in consideration, but at this point, doesn't really interest me.
    The roaylties thing is pretty similar to eToro, right?
    Also, Tradeking does have an affiliate program. Won't make you rich, but they do have one.

Thanks for sharing anyway!

4. User911

User911 Well-Known Member

I didn't know that Tradeking had something similar. Who knows? Maybe a person could create a similar portfolio on both sites and get royalties from both! I've never heard of eToro before; I'll have to check it out.