Musing on 2016

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Jul 29, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

As the week progresses, the discussions on the Biden entry into the race has picked up intensity. Obama, this evening, is reportedly saying he will be neutral in the primary. Behind the scenes, for the reasons I wrote above, I believe he will promote and vote for Biden. Polls, as much as one can believe them given small sampling, suggests that Biden is significantly more trustworthy than Clinton. Spoken miscues aside, I think the Dems like Biden. And consider this. In the last century, except for Cheney who had a serious heart condition, I can't think of a VP who didn't run for President.

Re the upcoming Republican debate in Cleveland, don't forget it is this next Thursday. The top 10 will appear at 9 pm EDT. The other candidates, polling lesser numbers, will appear at 5 pm EDT. I'm not sure about what the broadcast channels might be, if any, in addition to the Fox News cable channel, but that should be easy enough to figure out. CSPAN might be a possibility, and I thought I heard BBC News say something about carrying it. SiriusXM carries the Fox News channel, so that could be another avenue.

Trump is the wild card here. Can he be controlled Hume, Kelly and Wallace? I read somewhere that Bush's handlers are recommending that he totally ignore Trump so as not to get involved in a street fight. In any case, in my opinion, the debates are going to be interesting.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Pathetic, should the coronation of Hillary proceed. The Hillary Daily -- http://thehillarydaily.com/ -- apparently is the product of former Bill Clinton advisor and political pundit Dick Morris -- http://www.dickmorris.com -- and wife Eileen McGann. I'm surprised the information hasn't blown up the MSM minds. Argue whether this site is fair and balanced, or not, but there is sufficient smoke here to suspect there is a fire afoot. Can't make this up.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I had a look at some of the articles on Hillary Daily and realize that the Democrats have some serious problems if they nominate Hillary as their presidential candidate. The real mudslinging is yet to begin and when it does people will get to like her less. Maybe that's why some democrats are doing all they can to convince Biden to run.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I think theres a real opportunity for the Republicans to win in 2016. If they nominate a good candidate who is principled but who has the ability to reach out beyond the base of the party. A down to earth, strong leader is what I believe America wants and needs.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the link.

6. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Just sayin'. Out of tonight's early @FoxNews Republican debate, @CarlyFiorina was the best of the bunch. Professional, well-spoken, clarity, organized. I like her and she needs to be heard. Oh, and no teleprompter. She spoke as a conservative to the mess the liberal loons have made, not look at me and "I sponsored/voted/did something" boasts. Good for her.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree on Fiorina. I think she's perhaps the only one who can beat Hillary or whoever it may be. The conservative males keep stepping in dogshit when it comes to abortion.