My Neighbor is so Desperate For me to Notice Her!

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I think that's a wise choice, I mean, how annoying can she be? If she crosses the line just call the police, if not, let her be and follow with your life.

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Ahem!!!...sorry i had to clear my throat there, excuse me, as much as ignorance is the 'devil's whoopie cushion'...you just might have to use it in this case...because trying to tackle the bull by the horns might just bring issues upon mountains of issues...all the best :)

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Talking of thin walls...i guess we are sailing in the same boat here :)...on my part my next door neighbor likes to eavesdrop on my phone conversations and it pisses me off...well, thin walls...less privacy..aargh!

4. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

It is always better to talk such things and discuss it them. I am not sure they will completely understand what you are trying to tell, but you can hope to get some sense into her. I am sure that speaking is the only solution in this case.

5. ally79

ally79 Guest

I think that you should just leave it alone. You may only make it worse by giving her attention, or if it truly is all a coincidence, she may begin purposefully trying to harass you.

6. wulfman

wulfman Guest

My apartment has cement walls so I cannot hear anything in the adjoining apartment. That would frustrate me though if a nosy neighbor is eavesdropping on what I am doing in my house. But I would not act on it. Heed the advice of most in this thread and leave it be unless she oversteps her bounds. As I said there really is no way you can raise the issue without her taking offense at it.

7. gats

gats Senior Investor

Tell her to get a hobby and leave you alone. If she persists then maybe complain whatever authorities you can to get her to stop harassing you.

8. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Don't see that not ending in some sort of slap fest :p

9. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

LOL. Thing about such violence is that the authorities won't take it seriously. They'll try to rationalize it in some way: "You must have said something." Like that would justify the act.

10. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

ally79 I have to agree with you on this one to just ignore her and move on with my life. Thank you for pointing out that if it is a coincidence, she can choose to start harassing me if I talk to her about this issue. You have given the perfect solution for this issue.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014