My Neighbor is so Desperate For me to Notice Her!

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Now this is a catchy title for a thread! I wonder how this is going since the original post has been for a while, romance is in the air? Some love would be a solution unless you are definitely not interested. ;)

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

You mean to tell me, there are people who are that manner-less?! How the hell {lack of a better word} do you just welcome yourself into someone's house without a proper invite?!...that's downright queer and rude!

3. Calamity

Calamity Member

Tell her something directly. No really. That is the easiest way to deal with her. People will always be weird, and you have to deal with them. I prefer to deal with people directly. It seems to be most effective for me, but each to their own if you'd prefer something less direct. If not just continue to ignore her.

4. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Yeah, the problem won't go away unless it's dealt with in the correct manner. Ignoring it won't do much, because it seems to only increase her desire for attention.

5. Diana Smith

Diana Smith Guest

Perhaps you could become her friend. get to know her and see if you might have anything in common to chat about. You could always just smile and say hi and then go about your business. This may be enough to make her chill out and simply say a neighbourly "hello" every now and then.

On the other hand, if you are up to it then try playing some really loud Halloween music for long periods of time, repeatedly on a daily basis that sounds creepy and see if that scares her enough to either leave you alone or even relocate.

6. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I am thankful for the neighbors that I have. We all get along great. I have had neighbors in the past who were a bit odd. I just did my best to ignore them. If I let them know they were getting to me they seemed to get worse. It was all about seeking attention so if they got then then they became more extreme. I see it has been a while since you posted this so how did you make out with your neighbor. What solution did you use?

7. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Friends close, enemies closer.
    Talk to her, chit chat a bit.
    You want you neighbors on your side. even if you don' really like them.
    It can be tough especially if they are really noisy and don't have much to do all day. But its better to have open lines of communication.

8. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

I think that you should talk to her, ask her about her reasons to do all that kind of things, that you've had enough of it and she's bothering you, but do it nicely and try to keep calm...just in case that she became aggressive, be safe!