National Bank of Greece

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by JadeDoo, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I say go for it, it's a bit like Gelsemium said, the only way they have is up.
    It might take you a while to make a considerable profit, but it's seems like a solid investment.

2. Lasonax

Lasonax Active Member

Go for it for sure. Everything that goes down is destinied to go up eventually, as they say.

They can only go up, so invest invest invest! I might even invest some myself actually, now that I think about it.

3. Alexis

Alexis Member

NBG is looking positive now. Not too long ago they were really in the pits and I wouldn't even consider such an investment. They took their lumps and handled it well considering, they will probably go up in the medium term.

4. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

The bank is looking good now at the expenses of it's citizens, I just hope this time there is more control, but that it unlikely to happen.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTyler Well-Known Member

A friend of mine was just talking about this. He feels it's a great investment. I never bought into it just yet. but I might. Still feeling out where my comfort level is with this stock. Not quite sold yet. As good as it looks, sometimes that is as good as it gets. I'm a sports handicapper and you can compare stocks to live in game betting. A lot of the time I place a bet when a team is looking to take control, I place it to late and then the other team takes over leaving me with a bet that could win, but with a lot less value backing it.

My point is, maybe it's not the time to invest. It's better to invest when the stock is low and no looking great (but has potential) rather then when it's booming.

6. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

The fact is Jaydon that the stocks are low and on the rise, that's why it's the best time to invest.

7. JaydonTyler

JaydonTyler Well-Known Member

I wouldnt throw the word "fact" around so lightly. For all I know you are someone who doesnt even invest in the stock market. So forgive me for not taking your word for it that I would see a great return on investment if I hopped on board and bought into this.

I'm not so sure we see it rise too much more before levelling off somewhat.

8. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

You are right, but I do know the reality of Greece and all the schemes that made the country collapse. Now they are run from the outside, so no more black holes will be found, so after hitting hitting the bottom they can only go up.

9. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I agree that they hit the bottom Peninha, but there are lots of things that can still go wrong, making the bottom collapse, so to speak :)
    Let's say for example that the Greek situation doesn't improve for a while and they are forced to leave the Euro, or they keep having so many people emigrate out of the country, it would be a worse situation than now...

10. Aprax

Aprax Active Member

Greece is still in a tight situation. They haven't been doing too well for the last few years, and though they're starting to slump out of it, just the fact that their financial situation was terrible is enough to deter any potential investors who may have been interested in past years.