Netflix (nflx) Chart Breakout

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

Looks like a battle between the profit takers and the investors looking to push the price to the next level. There will be a time to jump in very soon once the profit takers have been shaken out. I notice that Sky charges in the UK are set to increase in April (substantially by all accounts) - if this is a worldwide strategy from Sky, might this be playing into the hands of Netflix?

Don't forget the company is also building up a usefull libruary of self made programs as well :)

2. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

No stopping this share - as competitors increase their rates, even a small increase by Netflix would still make the company look more attractive to subscribers. I think this bull run still has a fair way to go yet :)

3. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

This share continues to amaze - looking back the shares fell below $180 in December last year, just a few short weeks ago!

Are we getting to the stage where the company will need to start acquiring other businesses to grow rather than spending time looking over its own shoulder at potential suitors? Or does the company simply continue doing what it has been doing - the market certainly seems to like it!

4. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

5. gowiththeflow

There is a lot of momentum behind Netflix - too big to be taken over?

6. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

Still looks fairly strong and brokers are becoming more and more positive. There are a number of factors to consider here:-
    • The internet delivery system opens up worldwide opportunities
    • The company is producing more of its own material, many of which have been great hits, which builds up a very useful back catalogue
    • Still looks good value compared to the likes of Sky - so still much scope to increase prices
    • Will the company now need to look for another complimentary type of business to add to the group?
    Personaly I think there is still further to go and the company is becoming too big to be taken over - indeed surely the company must be looking at its own takeover targets?

7. gowiththeflow

It looks to me as though many analysts previously thought the company would not be successful by itself and would be taken over. However, the internet has opened up a very cost effective way to provide an array of Netflix services. I would be interested to hear what plans the company has for the future as its client base continues to grow.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

9. gowiththeflow

Wow that is some jump!

How far do you think this might go @JR Ewing ?

Maybe $400 in the short to medium term?

10. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Double top emerging on the chart but I dont think the rally is over yet :)

Tags: