New investor on the block and have no clue!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RavenLily, Jan 15, 2016.

1. RavenLily

RavenLily Member

I am interested in investing long term so I came to this forum for advice. I am in my early 30s and feel it's best to start now to ensure I have a future to look forward to financially speaking of course. I am not looking to become a Millionaire or anything of the sort, but I most certainly wouldn't mind it. I am mainly interested in the risky stock market trading business and need some advice from the pros. I look forward to many discussions amongst us all.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Investing in the stock market doesn't need to be risky if you do you due diligence. To be on the safe side first you need to learn all you can about the stock market and this forum I suppose is a good place to start because what you'll learn will help you avoid making mistakes most beginners make.

Look forward to seeing you around.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Welcome. Long term and "risky stock market trading" is something that I personally wouldn't put in the same sentence. If you want long term portfolio then I'd recommend putting a large majority of your cash into stable and less risky assets, use a few percent to gamble on the risky stuff and short term trades if you feel like it.

Of course that is just the way I prefer to do it, everyone has their own style and need to have their own style because we are all in a different situation with different goals.

4. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

RavenLily, welcome. I suggest you look through this new member introduction thread for the many suggestions and recommendations made to other persons new to investing. It should give you a jump start.