Nieghbors Called Police To Report Domestic Disturbance But . . .

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Concerned neighbors heard a woman screaming and a man yelling, "I'm going to kill you" called the police to report the "domestic dispute." When the police arrived at the given address they found out the sole occupant of the flat was trying to kill a spider!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/terrified-neighbours-call-police-domestic-6903030
    Not the first time people call the police only for them [the police] to discover that they shouldn't have been called over.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

With stories like that, it's hard to know what would be to do for the best. What if it had have been a case of severe domestic abuse and the neighbour ignored it? I think if rather report a potential situation and it turns out to be a false alarm, than not report it and it be a genuine case.

3. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Thanks for the laughs :D reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Flanders buries that plant while Bart thinks he murdered his wife.

I guess you can't blame the neighbours for calling the police, they probably thought they were doing the right thing and if it was in actually fact a domestic incident the knowledge that they could have stopped it would probably eat them up a bit.

4. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

That's really funny. At least the neighbors called in concern! I'm sure the police had to think that was ridiculous lol.

5. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I guess its a good thing that the neighbor was concerned but sometimes you just have nosy neighbors who all the police about every little noise they hear. I am glad that when they arrived everything was okay. I am sure that they had a laugh over that one. I guess one can not be too careful especially when you hear all the terrible stories on the news every day.