North Korea Has Created Drug Which Cures AIDS, Cancer and Ebola

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Jun 20, 2015.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I don't think even the local people believe their media. Surely in this day and age, even with ALL the restrictions people have over there, some sort of information must slip through from other countries. But hey, not much they can do. Just act as if you believe it and everything will be ok... try claiming these things as a lie and they will probably just conveniently disappear.

2. Diana Smith

Diana Smith Guest

I would venture to guess that this is the North Korean government's attempt at yet another outrageous claim in order to get attention. Kim Jong-Un strikes me as an overgrown adolescent in an adult body (with an obnoxious looking haircut) throwing himself on the floor like a toddler, kicking and screaming because he couldn't get attention for his bad behaviour while yelling at the top of his lungs "Mommy look at me"!

I would take anything that comes out of his mouth very seriously if it involves a threat, but if it is a boisterous claim, I would ignore it.

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I mean, there are conspiracies that say that the United States already contains the information and the necessities to cure all of these diseases, so I dunno. North Korea sounds like that one kid at school who makes up these huge stories just to get attention, and whenever they get bullied, they run to their big brother(China).

4. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

He's managed to stave off full-blown AIDS with medication thankfully. Whilst still incurable, the outlook is much better for people living with HIV these days, thanks to new drugs. If I remember correctly, Johnson has even appeared in a GSK ad for such drugs himself.

5. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Haven't we managed to filter whatever "miraculous" news that come from NK? This is seriously a pretty darn obvious attempt of them to gather how much attention they can get. If we stopped believing absolutely everything that we see on TV, we'd live in a sooo much better world today, haha.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

To be honest I don't think anybody believes these stories sort from maybe the people that make then up in the first place..

Ask any North Korean and they will probably say they do, but that's only because they have to. The people aren't as naive as what their govenrmet think that are, well, I hope they're not anyway!

7. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

No one believes in that except the North Koreans. In fact I believe they live in another world because the are fed propaganda. On another note, not so different from certain studies ordered by labs to deny global warming.

8. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

LOL! Does this miracle drug also cure the common cold, sweep the floors, and have a Brooklyn Bridge to sell me? I sometimes wonder if the North Koreans are unaware of just how unintentionally hilarious they can be at times. ;)

9. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

This is the truth! I heard he came up with this cure while he was directing a blockbuster film and at the same time shooting his 18th hole in one in a row.
    Sigh.
    I wouldn't trust a single thing that comes out of the administration of NK.
    On a side note, HIV/AIDS is pretty much cured. Medical intervention stops HIV from progressing to AIDS. There is some really promising stuff coming out to fully fight of the HIV virus.
    A cure for cancer exists in the form of combination therapy (chemo, radiation, surgery) via medial oncology. There is also some really neat things coming down the pipeline to fight cancers.
    The current form of Ebola is easily cured with proper medical attention. It's only in nations that don't have a good health system where Ebola is a killer.

10. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Really missbishi...?! Spelling his name wrongly would land you in hot soup?!...had no idea {wide eyed}. Got to love the joke though.. my ribs hurt like crazy, hope it doesn't land us in trouble ;) ...if spelling a name is that serious, how about a joke?