North Korea - Has Donald Trump's Diplomacy Worked?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by gowiththeflow, Mar 11, 2018.

1. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

As the world waits to see how the meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un goes - is Donald Trump's own unique brand of diplomacy starting to pay dividends? Has his stand up and fight approach opened up a new route to potential world peace?

2. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

would bet meeting has more to do with S. Korea talking to Kim rather than dotard Trump's "fire & fury" approach lol

adding interesting read & know if i were Kim then no way would i trust the US & i was born here but have also lived in some other countries & have learned much about my countrythat i didn't know through the eyes of others >> Russia and China to US: Dialogue, Not Regime Change, in North Korea https://www.veteranstoday.com/2017/...us-dialogue-not-regime-change-in-north-korea/

PS - back to say that the US isn't actually my/our country - belongs to the POW's sitting on the trash land reservations that our ancestors allowed them to have after they massacred/slaughtered them & we are still using the same words today that our ancestors used to take what we want, as "crazy horse" was the evil terrorist back then lol

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Ask yourself what the only change in this equation has been in the last year or so?

We have a different kind of president now. S Korea has tried to reason with Little Rocket Man for many years. As have other US presidents - Clinton bribed his father to no avail, Dubya eased up on them, and of course Obama did nothing but "lead from behind" and defer the situation to the useless, spineless UN.

Trump sternly informed Little Kim that he and his country would be no more if he kept firing those missiles. He also beefed up sanctions, and is no doubt squeezing the deranged little dictator in more ways than one. No US president ever had the balls to do these things.

It's one thing to be willing to criticize Trump for his obvious imperfections and salty tweets and rhetoric. I even disagree with the idea of broad tariffs, and haven't always agreed with Trump 100% on everything. But I will give credit where it is due.

But "Trump Derangement Syndrome" dictates that those afflicted with it refuse to acknowledge any of the many positive changes and improvements due wholly or in part to the Trump administration.

And those suffering from TDS (such as most US media, almost all US democrats, and even some in the US GOP) even go so far as to try to convince themselves and everyone else that Kim is a reasonable guy, that he treats his people well, that NK is a prosperous nation with a better standard of living than the US under Trump, and that Trump is somehow the evil bad guy in this scenario. I can only shake my head and laugh at these people.

Nutjobs like Kim only understand and respect strength and the threat of brute force that will take away their power and likely even be the end of their existence. We now have that kind of president and national defense leaders in power.

4. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

Imo, Trumpty is not smart enough to deal with Kim & he should have lined up one of his old reality TV stars - "Dennis Rodman" to help him b/c he is very close w/Kim. Not to mention, i bet even Trumpty was among the millions of Americans looking up the word "Dotard" after Kim countered one of his many insults that didn't require a dictionary lol.

Trump has already given Kim Jong Un 'everything he wants' - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/12/tru...m-jong-un-everything-he-wants-commentary.html

5. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

It will be interesting to see if a) The meeting goes ahead and b) What is actually discusssed.

Whether you believe in Trump's style of diplomacy he is the only one to have even potentially opened up North Korea for decades. Will he succeed where others have failed? Well, the old style of diplomacy has not worked and these two "mentally challenged" individuals are just as likely to get on as they are to start a war!

6. JR Ewing

The idea that Trump is not an intelligent, shrewd, competent individual is laughable.

Trump is obviously not a smooth, polished career DC politician. And he has obvious flaws that he's not as good at hiding as typical career politicians are. But the guy graduated from Wharton and built a multi-billion dollar empire.

He then managed to get elected to the most powerful position on earth - beating "the most qualified candidate in the history of the country" (according to Obama, the head of the most corrupt presidential administration in the history of the country) by a wide margin - despite more than his share of personal flaws and missteps along the way.

And he beat her despite all of the dirty pool and rigging along the way done by the dems.They illegally used the full power of the federal govt intelligence agencies to spy on the Trump campaign, illegally paid Russian operatives for a phony dossier, illegally rigged investigations against Clinton for obvious grossly criminal behavior while SOS, and did the usual rounding up of millions of illegal votes from illegal aliens, dead people, felons, etc that we can always count on the dems to do.

He is head of the most powerful nation on earth, and has the smartest political and military minds on earth working for him - James Mattis, Mike Pompeo, Mike Pence, John Kelly, et al.

Russia, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, and the other communist hellhole nations headed by brutal fascist dictators who our American left ignorantly romanticize, worship and idolize cannot hold our Red, White, and Blue proverbial jockstraps. And comparing Little Kim and even Putin to Trump is like comparing a chihuahua (Putin) to a Rottweiler (Trump) - or a flea to a Rottweiler in Little Kim's case.

It is both laughable and disturbing that much of the American left actually cheer on people like Kim and believe that he is the good guy. Curiously, not many of them seem to be in any hurry to move to N Korea, Russia, Cuba, or Venezuela where they can get "free healthcare" and be "taken care of" by their totalitarian heroes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...of-oxygen-starved-brain-coroner-idUSKCN1C22XM

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...his-escape-from-the-best-country-in-the-world

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/17/world/americas/venezuela-children-starving.html

7. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Yes I agree JR, all of a sudden countries such as North Korea, Cuba, etc seem to be more accepted when in reality nothing has changed in these countries. Personally I think DT has issues but he is no fool - you dont fall, rise, fall and rise again in business without having something about you. It is no surprise that it is the left wing parties that continue to hound and bash DT (including the likes of the SNP in the UK) even though many of them saw him as "interesting" when he was just rich with no political clout :)

8. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

At the end of the day the US electorate spoke and Trump was installed as president. He may or may not have won by default, with Clinton not seen as a worthy candidate either, but it was the silent majority who voted him into power. He likes to play the fool (it seems to come particularly easy) but what is wrong in standing up for US interests? What is wrong in standing up to tyrants overseas?

9. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

usa terrorists have been doing nothing but waging war on alleged tyrants since our ancestors first set foot on this land. "smart" people learn from history & know there can be no sides on a round planet imo & war has not been nor will it ever be the answer. Bottom line, no other country interfered with our horrendous tyranny against the native American Indians, black slaves or our own women etc. Not to mention & as our "dumb" pres reflects, we still have much clean up work to do is these areas & i as a woman can say that it's not OK to cheat on your wife or for men to sexually abuse women by grabbing them by their "p...y" etc, etc

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  10. JR Ewing

There will be no more comparing Trump or any other US president to Hitler as long as I am still a mod and a member here. I will delete any and all such posts in the future as long as I have the power to do so. You've got to be totally dishonest, crazy, or stupid to believe that Trump is anywhere near a monster who killed at least 6 million Jews. You'd have to be ignorant of history yourself or a total propagandist to post such nonsense.

I disliked Obama and Hillary, but I would never dream of comparing them to Hilter, or even to other murderous fascist dictators such as Stalin, Castro, Putin et al. Even with the unusually high number of people around the Clintons who have committed suicide or otherwise died under mysterious circumstances, I would not compare them to Hitler.

You can either abide by that rule or else complain to the admin and try to have me de-modded or banned if you wish. I will leave this board if you are allowed to continue to make such a comparison, and I will lobby to have you permanently banned the next time you do so. I have had other members banned in the past who repeatedly spammed this board with lies, personal insults, ignorant generalizations, etc.