North Korea Human Experimentation

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

People fleeing North Korea have reported human rights abuse . . . human experimentation that brings back to mind Nazi holocaust experiments on captives. Prisoners in North Korea [many of whom are political dissidents] find themselves in labs where they are suffocated, have deadly chemical weapons tested on them or the doctors may choose to do some surgery on them [and as with Nazi Germany, without anaesthesia]. Sickening stuff.

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Sickening but not surprising at all. Most countries, including western ones, have done this many times in the past.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

What's most annoying about the whole thing though is there is nothing the international community can do to stop the barbarians. Sanctions? They've achieved nothing. War? It would be too costly for all parties involved and hundreds of thousand of civilians would lose their lives in the process. It's a tough dilemma.

4. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, it's only leaking from NK. Like crimsonghost747 mentioned, countries have been doing this thing since slice bread was invented.

5. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

Sadly, this is nothing new. Amnesty International and other human rights organisations have been reporting these occurences since their inception. It's really frustrating to think that there is little we can do to stop this happening. All we can do is keep drawing attention to these practices in the hope that they will become more widely reported.

6. Olga

Olga Member

Obviously all testings, which are caring any percent of harm to human health or animal health, surely life, must be stopped.
    But still I would say, that if to choose testing between humans and animals, I would have chosen humans.
    If we want some innovation in our life than we should pay for it, but not animals.

7. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

That's sad. You would think that this day and age we wouldn't have to resort to that type of methods in learning the human body and finding new ways to kills it. I know the North Koreans are behind the world in a few key issues and modernization, but that is 80 year old practices that are being done.

8. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

There have been rumors that the North Koreans with their experiments are trying to create super-soldiers. But that they believe the stuff which exists only in the sci-fi world is disturbing because they never will stop what they are doing until they achieve what they want. So unless there's a regime change the barbaric experiments will go on unchecked.

9. galefussy

galefussy Member

What I don't understand is the logic behind these decisions. Even if by some miracle North Korea manages to create super-soldiers, there would just be too few of them to have any meaningful impact on the world scene.

10. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

They could start some lucrative business selling super soldiers to countries that need them. Selling military products is how they make most of their money after all and I'm certain their goal would be to make and sell super-soldiers to anyone interested — even terrorists. I doubt though that they'll be making such a soldier . . . ever.