North Korea Human Experimentation

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Jul 4, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

To be honest nothing really surprised me when it comes to these stories that are coming out of north Korea. Saddly I think this might just be the tip of an iceberg and we'll never fully know what other atrocities are being commited in that country.

2. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

That's sad... We are all human beings and we should be treated like human beings, but sadly there are a lot of situations and injustices like this all over the world. And I feel cold and pessimistic saying that is something that is not going to change, because people make a lot of money out of that... And they don't just use humans, but with animals too, it's obviously unfair and archaic but it's the reality.

3. Amin

Amin Guest

Guys ! Please, these rumors are not true, this is some evil stuff that west does to poor countries like NK, just like the rumor they spread accross the globe that muslims are terrorists...

4. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

I think it is very insulting to Muslims to compare bigotry against an entire region to rumors about specific people in a specific regime. There is no comparison because almost all Muslims are very obviously just leading normal lives and it is irrational to think them all terrorists, whereas places like Camp 22 in North Korea objectively exist and have gassed people and it is irrational to think the many eye witnesses are all fantasists. You are comparing apple to armadillos there IMHO.

5. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Even if it isn't the first time I hear about these kinds of stories, I still shiver just by imagining the inhumane ways people are being treated in some places, not only in North Korea. The sad thing about closed countries such as North Korea is that there's really nothing any outsider could ever do to achieve justice for the people who are being exploited. We could only watch in dismay and pity.

6. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Now this is happening all over the world, even in the US. The main difference is that many times this human experimentation in the US is paid, while in Korea most likely they might be forced to.

7. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

Forced to and deliberately killed. That makes it rather different I think.

And in the US volunteers can only test substances if animal testing and modelling has showed they are almost certainly safe, or it is a potential treatment for a lethal condition with no existing treatments.

8. MNyte

MNyte Member

In concurs cs, North Koreas experimentations belie human rights! North Korea should be a more compelling issue, but it is not!

9. petesede

petesede Guest

Anyone remember last year or the year before when they released the anti-america video that showed bombs dropping on the white house... and was actually stolen from the game Call of Duty? They are so out of touch with reality. A few years ago there was an article from when he went on his first submarine ride, and the photo showed him giving ´tactical and military advice to the captain´...

Also, there was a regime change.. but the reality is that a ´leader´ in NK is just a puppet, and always has been. The people really making the decisions are in the background.

10. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

There's really something wrong about the closed-door country that North Korea is running that allows this kind of suffering to continue. Only the United States, Russia, China and Italy have the military firepower to level NK and free the prisoners and yet they do nothing. There is no 'keeping the peace' in North Korea if Amnesty International think that force isn't such a good idea because doing nothing is even more despicable. This news should be bigger and covered more, there are people dying out there.