North Korean Crisis Ramps Up Investor Risk

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by longtermbull, Aug 13, 2017.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

Whether the politicians like it or not there is no doubt that the North Korean crisis is beginning to have an impact upon investor sentiment. Markets are starting to wobble, investors are starting to look at safe havens and this is a situation likely to get worse before it gets better. President Trump has not helped the situation with his inflammatory remarks and this war of attrition seems set to continue. So, why are investors really scared?

Click here to read full article

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Market is back up above 22k...

I haven't always agreed with all of Trump's words and actions, but it's good for one thing to see a US president standing up to foreign nutjobs rather than cowering for a change.

3. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

I wonder what the press in North Korea make of Donald Trump - probably describing him the way we tend to think of their leader. Nutjob is a fair description of both of them I think lol

4. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

DJIA seems to be treading water at the moment? I thought we would have seen a lot more profit taking - perhaps this is not the big sell-off many had been predicting?

Tags: