NUANCE COMMUNICATION

Discussion in 'Penny Stocks' started by JadeDoo, Apr 24, 2014.

1. JadeDoo

JadeDoo Well-Known Member

Anyone has an opinion on this stock. Uncle Carl has like 20% ownership with two board seats and the stock is currently lower than what he pay for it. It is also at a growth industry at the moment. Only thing that I don't like about it, is the heavily overpaid management team that hasn't even done a good job for the stock in recent years.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I've been long for a while. Not something I have a huge amount of $ in, but I like it and like following Uncle Carl around like a puppy. :)

3. JadeDoo

It's my 2nd largest position atm, aside from Apple. I got Shares, long-term call options and wrote short-term puts on them. I feel I might have gone a bit too far with it lol. Let's hope the upcoming earning call will be a good one.

4. JadeDoo

Stock just popped 10% over the last 2 days on speculations of a possible sale. Weeeeee, let's hope it keeps on running.

5. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

Ya, the mention of Samsung potentially swooping them up certainly put them on the radar. The interesting part of this is that things like Apple's Siri use Nuance.
    In any case, we'll see how things unfold, but Samsung sure is sitting on quite the treasure chest and haven't really been putting it to much use in terms of acquisitions. Whereas Google has been rapidly gobbling up companies left and right.