NY Moving towards a single payer health system

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by My401K, Dec 12, 2014.

1. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

I was a bit surprised to read in the news to hear that NY has petitioned for a single payer health system.

Honestly I am not sure how I feel about this. there have been so many changes going on in the Health Care Insurance arena that I no longer feel like I know which way is up. Although I feel like I have a good plan now with Health Republic I do have concern about the future. My doctor has been complaining that they feel like they have been short changed, which if true will translate to loss of revenue in the medical industry. This is still a pretty hot button issue so it is hard to get straight answers. Do you think that a single payer system is a good idea?

2. gats

gats Senior Investor

Well the united states wanted to implement socialized health care so here it is. The health care law that was passed was not really socialized health care that people wanted.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

The obamacare debacle is basically the first step in that direction. It's where we're headed if things don't change in this country ASAP. And it won't be a good thing.