Obama administration bullied to pay racial settlement

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Feb 8, 2016.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://nypost.com/2016/02/07/obama-bullied-bank-to-pay-racial-settlement-without-proof-report/
    Bolding is my emphasis. Can't make this stuff up. I'm not about to defend banks and lenders, but legal actions like this, in business and individual actions I see and read elsewhere, makes me wonder if this county is changing the legal motto to "guilty until proven innocent." Time to duck and cover.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. eddiemoneys

eddiemoneys Well-Known Member

This and life in general does feel guilty until proven innocent anymore. People can't even walk down the street or go to another neighborhood without having to worry about their safety and whether they're the right person or affiliation for the area to be there.

We have a president who has set race relations back about 50 years, while adding trillions to the deficit and pretending that the economy is better when nearly 1/3rd of all Americans are out of work right now. I have a hard time believing that Ally bank did any kind of racial discrimination, but find it much easier to believe that those who are constantly throwing race cards and racial disparity at others like a weapon of choice were defaulting on loans or not paying them back, adding to the amount of interest owed and the penalties that occur from that regardless of race, sex, or creed. They of course do not want to acknowledge that and will play the fiddle until the strings on it break and the banks are empty. These are the same types of people who took out loans based on WIC and child support as "security for their investments" while obtaining houses from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by the droves before the bottom fell out.

America, Europe, and others who depend upon the stability of them for their own economies cannot sustain with the infantile practices that are being played upon and people who are responsible but are taken advantage of with false guilt-trips for money. It's going to get ugly if things like that keep up, and despite those playing the games, no one is a winner in the end with false racial discrimination for temporary monetary gain.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

So, from the article, it was pretty much a shake down. It does make one want how much of these kinds of things go on that we never hear about.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

[video=youtube;_ZZOZwgcplU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZZOZwgcplU[/video]

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

I have read an article (I won't mention the newspaper) about President Obama's inclination towards racial bias and religious discrimination. It said that Obama is leaning towards the black people as if he is against the whites. With religion, Obama is being accused of beig pro-Muslims as evidenced by his actions like banning prayer in public schools. Maybe the anti-Obama population is sure glad that the president's term is about to end. Maybe that's why Donald Trump is getting a good rating in the surveys because Trump is pro American, the native Americans that is dominantly white.

6. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

J. Christian Adams really lights some candles in that interview. One hopeful consolation is the Justice Department reign of terror has less than a year to exist.