Obama reacts to California shooting

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Dec 3, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Reacting to the San Bernardino shooting during a CBS interview, President Obama said,
    Seriously, I would like to know where he gets his drugs from. I'd like some. It must be nice to live in lala land. Does France, Mali, Nigeria, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen and Mexico ring a bell? POTUS made a similar statement at the recent opening of the Paris environment conference. Where does he come up with such ideas? Is there no White House czar to prevent him from making such ridiculous pronouncements? Other countries must be laughing behind our backs.

An aside: The shootings, 14 murders and 17 wounded, are a tragedy and condolences to families and friends. The San Bernardino Police Department and other LEAs did exemplary work in their work today.

Talking heads and pundits on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC were increasingly annoying with misinformation and rumors as the day went on. I turned on the scanner for information, and periodically read the local San Bernardino Sun -- http://www.sbsun.com -- newspaper. I'd recommend reading the paper's web site as the investigation continues.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

Yes, he seems to keep pushing this narrative to direct people towards gun control issues. I'm all for certain regulations to be heightened for gun ownership. I am however not for an extreme measure that removes guns from responsible ownership. The funny thing was that there was this terror plot rhetoric coming out of a lot of media outlets. They were doing a whole lot of speculation out of their are of knowledge. Either way as they say they wont let a tragedy go to waste.

3. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I think he's primarily talking about gun control than mass shooting in itself because that happens a lot especially in developing countries. What happened in Paris though is categorically a terrorist act more than a mass shooting but you know, potatoes. I think all the GOP candidates are talking about gun control laws as a critical national issue as of late since the shootings at the Planned Parenthood center and now this.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Yet ANOTHER mass shooting though, it's becoming a monthly occurrence now in America, so much so that it's almost a surprise when one doesn't occur.

As for Obama, I think he as a point, and while I don't know what the answer is, and before you all assume I'm pro Obama or for gun control, I'm neither.

When Obama said that though, he obviously wasn't talking about developing countries. As far as I know America isn't classed as a developing country for a start I wouldn't have thought, so even to try and compare the two would be foolish.

He was saying look at countries such as the UK, Germany, France, Holland, Spain, Italy, in fact any country in Europe. Add in Australia, New Zealand, Japan...nations that are well established and classed as a developed nation that is respected, and they don't have events like this taking place on a regular basis.

5. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

Watching Twitter was fascinating yesterday as some people--particularly on the Left--kept spinning their hamster wheels trying to figure out just HOW to be outraged by this horrific incident. First it was "white males are the problem", then that narrative had to die; then it was "toxic masculinity", but then it turns out one of the perpetrators was female (that's what I heard last, anyway). Then it turns out that, from what I understand, one of the shooters was a devout Muslim, so now, even in the wake of the past month of horrible attacks, people are trying to weasel out of THAT discussion too.

I mentioned on my Facebook how people keep crowing about gun control, and yet nobody wants to talk about who is responsible for the most gun deaths in the United States, and that is Black people (who also make up the vast majority of victims).

This selective outrage nonsense keeps raising my blood pressure.

6. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

The words "anywhere else in the world" has no qualifiers attached to it. So be it. Others will put their own spin on it. The Paris statement, akin to yesterday's utterance, and the CBS interview were, IMHO, were not appropriate given the recent mass shooting events elsewhere in the world.

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

It was an act of islamic terrorism. Done mainly with ILLEGAL assault rifles, and they also had lots of ILLEGAL bombs and other explosives. It was well-planned.

[video=youtube;twLsDEfXObM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twLsDEfXObM[/video]

I knew after about an hour or 2 that it wasn't white males when no one on tv gave mention of race or ethnicity - I knew it had to be either arabs, black gangbanger types, or perhaps hispanic immigrants. If they had been whites the police were looking for, whites are the only ethnicity the media can accuse of being alleged criminals without "offending" the PC masses. They may say "Asian" sometimes when referring to arab types - asians are the second lowest form of ethnic life just above whites in the minds of the leftist PC mobs who control everything these days.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  8. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

And yesterday I mentioned to my wife an hour after the news broke our feckless leader would call this tragedy "workplace violence." Given the additional information released so far today it's obvious these two terrorists intended to do something more than commit murder at an office Christmas party. Our LEA resources at all government levels are stretched thin and some fresh thinking should be brought forward to more effectively address Islamic terrorism.

9. turt

turt Guest

It's not like controlling guns is going to make a difference. Do we really want these people to build bombs instead (which is much harder to track and more destructive)?

10. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

California has some the strongest gun control laws in the country. The two ARs they had, for example, are no longer allowed in Cali. Unregistered explosive devices are also completely illegal at both the state and Federal level. Guess what? Those bend on murder didn't give a crap about those statutes. Once again, stupid gun control laws did nothing to prevent such an attack.

And Obama wants to add anyone who is on the "terrorist watch list" as a "prohibited person" for purpose of firearm ownership. Let's see, removing someone's civil right because they are on a secret list maintained by the government, that you can't get off of, that has documented dozens of misidentifications, and does not require the due process of the law ... gee, what could go wrong? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015