Ohio State Rep. Teresa Fedor (D) reveals that she was sexually assaulted

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by queenbellevue, Mar 27, 2015.

1. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Any woman who was sexually assaulted should not have to feel alone. Hopefully this is actually true and not fabricated to make her look like the victim.

3. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

What a brave lady. It must take some guts to publicly disclose that you've had an abortion and I can only hope that she didn't pay any attention to the inevitable backlash from people who think that a woman who becomes pregnant as a result or rape should be forced to continue with the pregnancy.

I imagine that her speech was borne of sheer frustration. I certainly don't think that announcing your abortion is necessarily the best way to ensure you win a popularity contest - for every ten people who sympathize with her, there will be another ten who hate her for it.

4. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I mean, there are still morons out there who think that any woman who says she was raped is either lying about it to get attention or that she "deserved" it somehow. What this woman did was incredibly brave and I commend her for it 100%

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I certainly have sympathy for her if she's being honest and not just making something up for political reasons.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Certainly a horrible situation. Way too many rapes and violence against women going on still today. Though it's certainly not as bad as some of the political demagogues suggest. At least in this country. Women still are facing a lot persecution around the world though, most definitely. I commend this woman on stepping forward with this story, though I certainly hope she's not going to exploit it for attention and political gain.

7. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

At least she is being honest about it and not let it slip out from anyone else's mouth. To bad other female politicians aren't following her example (HC).

8. CarpeNemo

CarpeNemo Well-Known Member

I would doubt she'd fabricate the story, or exaggerate it. The media has a field day with that kind of thing, and it's an easy way to put a leaking hole in the side of a political career. It's better to get it out in the open, so it can't be used as a weapon against her later on. It's also possible bringing it to light can either help her get past it, or futher her political agenda. It could be a good thing to air it, I suppose.