Oil stable, but drifting slightly lower.

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by Hedonologist, Mar 10, 2015.

1. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I feel like the gas prices are certainly going to raise by the time the summer hits. I have seen this happen in the past. Gas prices always tend to skyrocket whenever summer break rolls around.

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Yes but in general that is simply a seasonal change and has nothing to do with crude oil. It's more just toying with people, no one is going to mind paying that extra $0.5 when it's a nice sunny weather and you are having a lot of fun driving around.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I think the prices area going to rise anyway. It seems like the season always causes the rise in gas prices. Since more people would take their cars to the beach it makes sense for the rise in gas prices.

4. petesede

petesede Guest

You are falling into a classic trap of listening to people who have no skin in the game. If you want to know where the REAL prediction is of the price of oil in 6 months, then look at the futures trading and what the price is.

If one of these morons is saying $100, and yet the futures market is saying $60.... then the moron should be mortgaging his house to buy in or else his prediction is worthless.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Either that (a lot of analysts are full of BS and make these bold predictions all the time just so they can be right once) or
    ... often these "morons" are not such morons and do have their skin in the game. Their estimates are rarely accurate, but they are not supposed to be. It's just their way of trying to talk up the market since they have already loaded up on oil futures. If this forum would have 1 billion viewers and I found a lovely stock to invest in, I'd first buy and then make a thread here telling people why I think this company is an amazing buy.

Some of the banks do it the other way too, especially on smaller markets. First they downgrade a certain stock and then they buy from the dip. Not sure how legal this is but I've seen it happen. (of course nothing to prove that they did it on purpose)