Oklahoma GOP wants to restrict marriage to people of faith

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Feb 2, 2015.

1. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

No such law would ever pass. There's no concern here. It's such an asinine notion to even consider. I don't like to give these individuals anymore attention then they deserve. The problem now is the current landscape of politics in America. It has come to a point where rational thinking has left the building because you have supposedly "educated" politicians catering to a fringe crowd who believe the world is going to end if government take all their guns. It seem like a proposed legislation to stir up controversy.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I would in fact be very worried if the government took all my guns. That's a whole other issue.

3. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

He laims his campaign is driven by the thought that court clerks should not have to officiate marriages which they don't nevcessarity agree with (in other words, gay marriages). Because they haven't got a chance of getting the ruling on gay marriage in the state overturned, they are now trying to prevent it in other ways. After all, many clergy members will refuse to perform such unions so if this ruling was to be passed, it would make life much more difficult for gay couples who do wish to marry. Very underhand.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

The laws are proposed but not yet been put to effect...right?...then there is no need to fret...such laws in this day and age will be trashed in the bin in a heartbeat...you wait and see!