Online banking question

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by titohunter, Jul 11, 2014.

1. titohunter

titohunter Active Member

Are there any online banking accounts i can open where my account numbers and stuff will be available to me right then when i open it.

2. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I believe you get all those details as soon as you open the account ,but all banks differ, I guess it would depend with the bank youare dealing with.

3. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can. Some offer it as an add-on, for free, but some require a fee (rhyme not intented). It solely depends on your country.

4. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

Almost all banks give you this information as soon as you've signed up. Some may make you wait a day or two but a lot of them won't. Get a real bank account that has online banking available. This way if something online ever goes wrong you have a physical backup you can visit for help.

5. titohunter

titohunter Active Member

What are some good banks that i could open online pretty fast with only a ssn? I need a bank account to verify my paypal.

6. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

With the Patriot Act in place, I really can't imagine that any bank, online or not, will open an account for you without photo ID. Not sure if it's the same in other countries, though.

7. ReinbachThe3rd

ReinbachThe3rd Active Member

I can't see any bank giving you an account without some information besides a SSN. When I opened mine at my credit union years ago they wanted two forms of ID, my SSN and a piece of mail from my house. Part of it was because the credit union is based off a military base but either way. Any bank that would let you open an account with just a SSN is a bank I wouldn't trust with my money.

8. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Ah yes, I forgot about that mail thing... I think they requested a bill. I agree with you... I wouldn't trust a bank that would open an account for me with just a SSN. That would be an identity theft nightmare just waiting to happen. SSN's from people who have died are easily researched and it's the first thing ID thieves look for. Fortunately they usually end up in jail. :rolleyes:

9. wulfman

wulfman Guest

some banks are a pain in the ass for online banking. lots of paperwork to fill out and rules to follow.