Online earnings

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rosyrain, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I have been doing some work online to make extra money and was wondering if anyone on here does the same? Instead of just using the money for whatnot this year, I was thinking about using it to invest in a small home business. What are your thoughts on this idea?

2. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I actually I would like to ask you a question. How much money are we talking about? I work online and can barely make ends meet. This year, I am applying for jobs because this online business has frustrated me a lot. Would you be willing to share how you make money? I would really appreciate it.

3. Onionman

Onionman Senior Investor

I dabble a bit in the online space, though at the moment it's not a great deal. Ultimately, though, it's about being able to offer skills that add value - i.e. anyone can do pay-to-click jobs, which is why they don't pay so well. If you are a decent writer, with a niche, then you can probably make a bit more. If you have a technical skill and you set up a blog or sell a product that people want, then it's even more.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I used to earn a bit online... mainly because I had a short period of unemployment and it was a good and relatively easy way to earn some cash.
    Now that I'm working full time I don't do this much anymore. But it's a good idea to use the money for something a bit more meaningful than everyday stuff like food & bills. I found out that it makes you work harder and motivates you more when you use the money for something specific instead of having it just "disappear" into the rest of your finances.

5. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

The money I manage to make online I try to put it aside, but usually I just use it for my day-to-day expenses. I'd love to save them and invest in the market, that is a goal I have.

6. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I barely make some minimum income through online jobs. I believe it is really sad that for the job we do, the pay is never enough. I can only spend it on my day to day expense and cannot even think about saving it.

7. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I do not work online full time as a way to support myself. I have
    a full time job and just work online for some extra fun money at the moment. There is no way I could make end meet with the income I get. My thought it to use my extra money as a small investment into a business I want to build

8. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

I work online myself and it has worked out well for me. At the moment I'm doing different kinds of writing work like blogging, article writing, and more. Yes I believe that a person can make a steady income from home and this is what I'm working on right now. I'm not sure if I'll start a home business too but maybe down the road I just might. I think it will be a really good thing to use the money from an online job to start a home business.

9. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

This is a good line of thinking really, try to put some money aside to make a business come true is a dream I am pursuing too, who knows if one day I make it!

10. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

I work online as a way of supplementing my income. I've been doing online surveys for years, in order to save gift vouchers for Christmas, but my working hours were reduced last year. It was hard to find a second job which slotted in with my current shifts so I decided to step up my online activities in order to make up the shortfall.