Online earnings

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rosyrain, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

There is a difference between freelancing online or doing online jobs on sites. Neither are consistent, but the latter can be dipped into when maybe times are quiet or you need a filler. Freelancing takes more time to build up a profile and to invest time into things such as social media profiles and contacts as well as a portfolio and bidding for jobs. Either way it is better than not earning anything.

2. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I work online and I earn a little. The money I'm earned is for my entertainment like buying games and stuff. But I'm thinking to apply a part-time job this summer so I can help my family for the expenses around the house.

3. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

In my first online days, I used to make money out of writing short articles for a specific website which I think now has closed. It wasn't much, and considering I was doing everything from the comfort of my home and still got paid just enough to afford paying the bills, I went for it and worked around 1 year for the website administrator.
    Thereafter, I ran short on choices and had to do worse jobs which paid only half of my bills and was even more tiresome. Now things have got a little better, but oh boy, the incipient struggle...

4. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Well-Known Member

It depends on what your skill set is. Online business can mean many things. Usually online it is best to start really small, not to invest a lot of money to start with and to see how it goes. So an online business could be opening a store with Amazon for $30+ a month, and then selling items in the store. Or it can mean doing freelance work online.

For the online store, if you can't make it profitable after a few months, shut it down, or try a new strategy. Online you have to be constantly adjusting and changing.

5. CarpeNemo

CarpeNemo Well-Known Member

I've got a little residual income from writing articles, and have some luck with ad traffic, but I rarely make much of anything. It's something I tried a while back but no longer pursue as a hobby. Whenever I do get any amount accrued, I use it to buy things like guitar strings and picks for my real hobby.

Working online isn't for the impatient, and I'm definitely not a patient man.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

People expect to become rich over night by working on line, probably because they've seeb all the scam adverts about being able to earn thousands a day.

Anybody that does earn a living by working on line will assure you that's not the case at all, more often than not your going to be working longer, and for less money than what you would in a regular job.

7. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I've just started working online last month so I really haven't earned that much yet since I'm also doing it freelance. I plan on creating my own blog soon once I have more time to focus on it. It would be nice to hear of legit sites that most of you guys are working for. :)

8. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Working online is pretty much as a regular job, we need to put in the effort and be good in what we do to be rewarded. It's no way to get rich, as far as I see it at least, but as a way to get some extra money to face expenses.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

A lot of people don't realise just how hard it is trying to make money online. They think it sounds like an easy job, working from home etc, but it's definitely not. I'd say that in most cases people will have to work twice as hard to achieve anything like the same sort of salary you would get from a normal job.

While it can be done, don't expect it to be easy. Your going to have to work if you want to earn anything, there's no such thing as easy money.

10. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

That is true pwarbi, only those working to know how hard it is because ultimately we are not being given anything, we are working and earning what we make, it's no easy money!!