Oscar Pistorious trial

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rosyrain, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Last night I watched a documentary on the Oscar Pistorious murder trial and they were comparing it to the OJ Simpson trial 20 years ago. I have not kept up with the case as well as I have some others, but the more I watched, the more I was convinced he is guilty of gunning down his girlfriend. What are your thoughts?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I haven't followed it closely at all, but from what I gather it doesn't look good for him as far as innocence. Of course him being factually guilty and actually being convicted may be another story - much like the Simpson saga... OJ's guilt was obvious, yet a "sympathetic" jury acquitted him, with much help from controversial legal tactics from his shady defense and lots of blunders from a bumbling prosecution.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I agree with you completely. It is amazing what kind of justice you can get when you have a lot of money. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out for Oscar. From what I know, there is no way he is innocent.

4. ash2014uk

ash2014uk Well-Known Member

To be honest, he is going to prison no matter what.
    He is now just fighting for how long he will be in there for and what he will be convicted of.
    I do think he did kill her in rage over some argument.
    The story just doesnt hold up for me.

5. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

All fingures seem to be pointing at him, even the evidence, the way the case is going, the way I see it he is guilty, because just before the shooting, they were having problems in their relationship, so I think he is guilty.

6. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

I wish I had this much money, to be judged in my favour. :)