Paris attacks

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Alex, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

When the president of France declared a war as a reaction to the attacks in Paris, all well-meaning allies should show support by planning a concrete move. We cannot achieve anything by displaying the likeness of France's flag. What we need is a concerted action towards the ISIS which claimed responsibility. Can the military forces of US and other allies be one in sending a huge military force in Syria to cleanse that country of dissidents and criminals?

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

The thing is all countries have been on alert for these incidents for a couple of years, and who knows how many have been averted. There are several issues; the influx of migrants and refugees (and migrants posing as refugees) allows terrorists to slip through. In Hungary they detained a refugee that was a terrorist on a wanted list, so this makes the control of people in Europe much more difficult.

In many respects they are misusing liberty for their terrorist activities. In Paris there has been conflict with Algerians for decades and the cultural and religious divide has always existed. The rise of IS only made that gap wider.

3. 111kg

111kg Guest

We know for sure that one of the attackers was a "refugee". There are other links to other muslim people, but with an European citizenship. For instance, the person who is believed to have planned these attacks is a muslim with a Belgian citizenship. I know it's a tough thing to involve the religions of these people and to link it to terrorism, but it's a fact that most of the terrorists are muslim.

I really hope that after these incidents, Europe won't accept any refugees. They are way too. I really don't want to be considered as a racist, but I too live in one of the big cities of Europe and I really don't want to be afraid of getting out of my house and simply...enjoy life.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think it will be naive to think that only one terrorist will be posing as a refugee and I'm sure that many more will have managed to gain access to a country under the refugee tag.

Unfortunately the backlash will be against ALL refugees now and even the legitimate ones will be looked at in the same way, and I'm not sure what can be done now to differentiate between the two.

5. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

Middle-East Economies are scrambling down because of ISIS and Crude.During Cold war, If economies are falling down means, Flow of migrants towards good economies is natural. but here, Flow of Refugees is Increasing. which can harm good economies. Migrants participate in GDP of Economy and Refugees can increase only unemployment rate.
    I don't think, anything racist if Europe locked their borders. These decisions have nothing to do with any religion, It's just Economics and Politics. And, Nobody can stop Economic or Political competition in between countries.

6. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Vive La France! I feel very sorry for Paris, and the fact that the terrorists seem to look at that city as their favorite place to attack. I am very grateful to the FBI, HOmeland Security, the NSA and those who have kept us safe since 9/11..however, it is inevitable we will face these problems in the future. We will be attacked at some point...there is really no way to prevent it. Of course, letting Syrians who are supposed refugees into this country, may pose a risk, but we have our own homegrown terrorists.

7. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

It might be seen as a decades old system but I think it needs to go back to the women and children system. I agree that all refugees are going to be seen the same way but I'm afraid the countries need to put their own people first. One was confirmed to have been passed off as a refugee, and so far according to the latest numbers around 1 million people have landed in Europe. How many more of them could be potential terrorists?

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Many of the immigrants are known to have terrorist connections. That is a proven fact. The current situation is bad... really bad.
    You will notice that most of the people involved in this attack were European citizens, muslims and obviously immigrants/children of immigrants.

The current refugees coming in? They will pose the same threat that the past refugees pose now... it takes time to organise these things. Keeping in mind the amount of "refugees" these days, you can imagine what the security situation of Europe looks like in 10 years.

9. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

I honestly dread to think what it will be like in another 10 years and I hate to say it but I think it may be too late to do much about it at this point in time. I hope I'm wrong but you know when you just have that uneasy feeling?

There needs to be a stop to the boats coming over that will hopefully stem the tide.

10. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Women can be terrorists too [think the "White Widow" who masterminded a number of terrorist attacks in East Africa]. And children grow up and can be radicalized. So there really is no way one can tell who is or has the potential of being a terrorist. And then there's the net. It's easier these days to recruit brainwash young jihadis who will do anything.