Paris attacks

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Alex, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

I realise this but I am thinking of the safer option. Or the potentially safer option.

I would much rather allow 100 groups of women with their children to come through, rather than 1000 young able bodied single males.

2. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

They have now tracked down suspects and have them hulled up in some apartment building. I read a good article about 'terrorism' earlier today. In this fight against ISIS I think the best thing we can do is not to show a sign of panic or fear.

3. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

Currently they have apprehended some suspects; apparently a person being investigated was asked to put up three people for a few days and did it as a favor. Surely you need to ask who they are, why they are here? You don't just put up strangers for a friend these days.

One woman has already detonated a suicide belt, so clearly these people are the pawns behind a much bigger plan. Certain parts of Paris are again on lockdown as it's not safe. It's worrying that people are hiding them and not even realizing it.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While it a true that women can be terrorist's also, I think we don't know who is and who isn't at the moment so if we are to continue to let them in to various countries then the least we can do is try to cut down on the risks.

5. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Apparently a dog that was with them, trained to sniff out explosives, saved the team. She was wearing a suicide vest, started shooting at the police and army teams and the dog jumped at her which pushed her over. She then detonated the vest.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I couldn't find much on it. But a dog definitely died... if it happened as you described it then I guess that's one hell of a heroic dog.

7. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

Last night I heard they averted an attack on Charles De Gaulle airport, so the people behind the attacks must still be around unless they were killed yesterday. With such a huge police presence it seems they will still attack, and I am sure there will be more attempts all across the world.

Airports are always a target because people are in and out and have luggage. It's easier for them to get lost in a crowd and plant things. I used to work at Heathrow and that was always the key thing; unattended luggage and it would be acted upon really fast. Often it was dumb people leaving it to go to the bathroom, or going into a shop.

8. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

the douchebag believed to have orchestrated the attacks in Paris was killed in the siege. However it's pretty obvious to me that there are many others like him hiding in plain sight...

9. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Oh there will be, no doubt. In the next few months expect to see a lot of reports on failed terrorist plots and I hate to say it but I would be quite surprised if there is not another attack in Europe before the year is out.

10. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

With the traditional winter and Christmas markets that are popular in Europe those will be a prime target, with crowds of people, lots of noise and lots of outside vendors setting up stalls. I used to work at some and it would be very easy for terrorists to slip and rent a stall for the markets and then bring a van full of stock and set it up.

I'm sure these attacks have been planned for a while, and all the cities are high alert.