Paris

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by JR Ewing, Nov 15, 2015.

1. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

This terror attack which is said to be the worst ever done to Paris has shocked the whole world including my part of the world. When I saw the news about it, I really felt sad for all the innocent victims. It's really sad and disheartening to think that one moment those people were just normally enjoying a football game then suddenly another selfish act of terror ended the lives of many who were just there to enjoy and de-stress after all the pressures of work and career.

2. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

Over the last year or so I've become EXTREMELY jaded by the mass media in general. Won't go into detail but it became very clear to me that they are there to SELL a narrative, and they are very aware of what angles will generate ratings/clicks/views/$$$$. You're so right about the discourse and how ridiculous and superficial it is.

At the same time, however--as far as a minority, I think it's important to remember that it only took a handful of people to cause carnage in Paris last weekend. I think people keep forgetting that, and that's what makes the Left's refusal to acknowledge the idealogical aspect of the issue so frustrating.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think that everybody knows that extremists from any religion are dangerous and in the minority but at the moment, especially here in the UK where I am, that minority is making people think that we can't trust anybody of that certain religion.

People know that isn't the case, but at the same time don't know who they can and can't trust so it's the safest option not to trust any of them.

4. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this lately; it used to be that something would happen, and you could just dismiss it as "radicalism". But the last couple of weeks have demonstrated very clearly that it really doesn't take that many "radicals" to inflict serious, serious harm. Maybe that's the internal war people are fighting, with themselves--they WANT to be accepting and open-hearted, but increasingly it's looking like a dangerous thing to do.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

After that pathetic statement by POTUS at Tuesday's joint press conference, I really wonder why Hollande bothered to come to the White House. Did Hollande really expect help in going after IS/ISUS/ISIL/Daesh? Hollande had to have known it would be only lip service.

6. Putin

Putin New Member

Paris attacks are not much different than those in New York,London,Madrid or Moscow in fact Charlie Hebdo attacks were a warning signal.It should be clear though,the civilized world is fighting against terrorism or fighting to bring democracy,development and prosperity as NATO puts it,terrorist attacks are not merely clash between two very different civilizations or religions,they are also an answer to dim wit policies we have implemented-such as the invasion of Iraq,the destabilization of Syria,the civil war in Libya.Whilst Saddam,Gaddaffi,less Assad,were actually bloody dictators,they still had pretty good control over their countries,their society were sectarian with tolerance between religions and fractions.Syria and Libya were somewhat rich countries with good social welfare systems.So the so called Arab spring that was supposed to bring democracy only brought war,displacement,destruction,migration,it obvious for every person,regardless of the political inclination that NATO's policies were ridiculous.There's no such thing as bomb towards democracy.Terrorism is the asymetric war,war for revenge,it's not only Jihad.So those attacks could have been expected in a place with huge Muslim minority.Instead of spending billions of tax money to make profit for military contractors,those money should have gone in education,aleviating poverty and inclusion,instead of bombing other countries into prosperity,we should have build prosperity at home.I'm not even going to start about the funding of ISIS which has been proved,has its roots not only in Ankara,Doha and Riad but also Washington.

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice for Russia's president to join us! Welcome, Comrade Vladimir!

8. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

This is a good point. There is no legal way for a regular French citizen to own AK-47s, grenades, etc. that they had. Yet that law did nothing to stop this murderous thugs. Gee, who would have thought that someone bent on horrific acts wouldn't care about violating weapons statutes.

Beyond that, I hope this is a wake up call for all of us in the west: ISIS is not the JV team and a small group of them can do some truly horrendous things.

LMAO!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  9. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Please find a bill in your PM box for a new monitor and keyboard, for the current ones have become tea stained... :D

It is pretty worrying that they could get that equipment into the country with no one batting an eyelid, and it really raises concerns that if they could do it there then where else could they do it?

10. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

This is taking a new dimension with these new threats and possible global war. I repeat myself but i believe it is important for people to understand who is pulling the strings on this one. Do you really thin The US is just a peacemaker in this one? No, not really. NATO, as part of one side that will lead this probable war is just another name for 'we want raw materials and power of controlling The Middle East'. It is not about religion, it never was. Those poor souls believe that, not all of them though. If they knew it is the fight for power between two sides and that it is all about banking world cartels and bloody money...It is unbelievable to me how people only see black and white.