Payoneer & paypal

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by titohunter, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Kael

Kael Guest

I know of many sites that refuse to use Paypal ever again. I have heard that Paypal will withhold your money for little to no good reason, if they are investigating an issue.

2. ormaybeso

ormaybeso Well-Known Member

I've never heard of Payoneer, let me look it up... Well a simple Google search reveals that you could get PayPal to work with it if you want, I'm sure you can check that out yourself. So in short, yes you just have to actually look it up :)

3. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I've never heard about Payoneer, I only use Paypal.

4. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Payoneer is being used, I don't know how widely though. Certainly not close to paypal. Payoneer is a system that allows you to transfer funds and receive funds through a reloadable prepaid Mastercard debit card. I am not sure if you can use it like a credit card though. The card can also be used at ATMs.

5. wulfman

wulfman Guest

I think people who don't own or want to link their bank accounts can use payoneer easily. I can't imagine why you would not have a bank account but for freelancers it is a good alternative.

6. gats

gats Senior Investor

It used to be possible to link your payoneer account as a bank account but now its impossible. Paypal sees this as deceptive, especially if you live outside the country you claim to live in. If you are fom the usa, you can link a prepaid debit card (not gift card) as both a bank and debit card.

7. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Well there are a lot of sites that give you a virtual bank account and credit card to verify your PayPal account. Why would you not just open up a bank account ? It takes an hour of your time and your money is safe.

8. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

When I applied for a PayPal account, I had to have it verified through the local bank. At that time only one bank in my region had that facility; therefore I had to open an account with them. I do not know about Payoneer because I have never used it.

9. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I think you really need to have a bank account to verify your PayPal account. I do not think there is any other way of doing it in these recent years. I am sure that it is also the safest way of doing it.

10. wulfman

wulfman Guest

There are ways for people who don't want to link a bank account. They create a virtual bank account for you and supply you with everything. Routing number, swift code etc. I would never do it. I have no need to do it. I actually found out about it while researching about virtual credit cards as I was looking for some type of virtual Visa card I could load and make a purchase online without giving out my personal info because the site did not look 100% kosher. It was only for 15 bucks or so but it was not a well known site like amazon so I was hesitant to use my credit card.