PayPal Takes steps toward accepting Bitcoin

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by CryptoKid, Sep 23, 2014.

1. CryptoKid

CryptoKid Guest

So Paypal (Well, Ebay owns them) are partnering with BitPay, Coinbase and GoCoin to be able to accept bitcoin for digital goods. In 24 hours Bitcoin went from 394 USD low to an ask price of 442 USD. Will this announcement see BitCoin rise again, or is it just going to start tanking again?

Source : http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac...coin-partners-with-cryptocurrency-processors/

2. Parassd

Parassd Active Member

Wow, when did this announcement happen? Bitcoins are a good way to exchange money, and now, since paypal, i strongly believe that bitcoins are gonna be in a strong circulation. I would certainly consider buying a few stocks.

3. jason

jason Guest

This is great news for bitcoin and other digital currencies. It's not a surprising move for Paypal. Paypal and coinbase/bitpay seem to go hand in hand. I don't have any bitcoin myself but I've been looking into buying some. I wish I had a couple of years ago when the value was so low!

4. Brad321

Brad321 Active Member

I have been watching how all of this plays out. I don't think you would have seen this announcement from PayPal if you hadn't seen the birth of Apple Pay. PayPal isn't exactly running scared, but they are showing the proper response by expanding the functions of PayPal to stay relevant and head-off competitors.

I don't think this is just one of those kiss of death embraces where they will pretend to get in bed with Bitcoin just to make sure they are NOT more widely accepted. Sometimes the emergence of a larger partner will scare off others from implementing the solution.

I think cryptocurrencies are here to stay and PayPal sincerely believes they had better join 'em or be left behind.

I have my doubts whether or not the security issues are fully resolved, but there is no stopping Bitcoin now.

5. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

PayPal has my vote if they ever need it because now I make money at the comfort of my home. For a long time, PayPal was not available in my country. I had to work for little pay for clients who would only pay me through wire transfer. The sky stopped being the limit for me when PayPal came in. Bitcoin is the lucky one to be partners with this great establishment.

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Still wondering why Bitcoin is flopping though?...back in the day 1 Bitcoin was trading at 600 dollars now all the way down to 394 dollars?...just outrageous!

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I think this can be a big step for the generalized use of bitcoin, most of PayPal users will slowly start using it.

8. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I think it is a wise move,I see bitcoin moving up after this announcement , I believe it is the right move, let us hope bitcoins keeps on rising and not take a fall.

9. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

This is HUGE for the future of Bit-coin. Bit coin started flopping because you couldn't use it anywhere. Paypal is the premier online banking method, so this is just one strong step forward for Bitcoin to it be accepted by the mass-populous.

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Well hopefully that would mean greater regulation of the Bitcoins if Ebay does own Paypal. I would not purchase the coins yet I just still do not really trust using the bitcoin yet. If Paypal wants to take that step and go into using the coin for future transactions. It could mean the value of the Bitcoin could go up with this new direction that is being taken.