Paypal

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by ScooterBrandon, Jul 21, 2015.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Ok so that is the reason. Yeah makes sense I guess... but why couldn't I use the services of say Paypal Frace while living in Germany? Nothing is stopping me from having say a bank account in France while I live in Germany, or a French credit card. And the paypal account from another country obviously still works... it's just that they don't let me change my address to the correct one! iI's a complete pain in the ass. :p

2. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I am pretty impressed with paypal overall, as they manage a huge amount of data, and rarely make mistakes. I think they must have excellent security measures in place. They also pay cash back on their debit card which is impressive. I would equate Paypal with Amazon. I think they are a giant, that people generally trust, and will be around for quite sometime so the stock might be a good bet.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Paypal used to be alien to me and I only got to know it this year when I joined writing sites. At first, I really was not thinking that I can get my hands on the balance in my Paypal account so I didn't focus much on the earnings, just enjoyed my writing endeavor. But when the balance reached the threshold that I can withdraw INTO my bank account, I tried it. Lo and behold, it's true. Paypal is very convenient as an e-commerce account for handling transaction payments.

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

I don't personally know anyone who uses those other options, though. I think Paypal has a much bigger edge than you are giving it credit for

5. AtlantaSports

And the sad/ironic part is, because eBay and Paypal got into some sort of beef, Amazon does not accept or recognize Paypal as a payment service.

6. AtlantaSports

It is really a questionable decision. Surely, there has to be an interview or something about what their motives were.

7. Zander Collision

Zander Collision Member

I have seen PayPal being used everywhere. It did helped me a lot and I'm kind of biased towards them. But with other payment processors coming in the market. Like in India, a company PayTM launched a few years back and is now official sponsor of Indian Cricket Team. I do see a lot of growth with them and a bright future for me. Bitcoin has is also being accepted nowadays from many merchants. I have Bitcoins and I always use them to buy services or trade with them.

8. petesede

petesede Guest

Yeah, Paypal definitely has inertia, and once you have that it is hard for a clone to take major marketshare. Paypal will have to change or make a major mistake to open up an opportunity for someone like payoneer or Google Wallet to get any real traction.

9. petesede

petesede Guest

The problem is that paypal is VERY consumer friendly when it comes to cash-backs, allowing up to 90 days in the USA. This conflicts with Amazon´s return policy and so people just could avoid the whole Amazon return system by filing a cashback with paypal, which is almost always granted, and then the business needs to prove they delievered the goods.. etc. There is a lot of fraud and abuse that happens with paypal because of this.. it is pretty dangerous to be business that sells real goods using Paypal.

10. petesede

petesede Guest

Companies spin off other companies all the time. This case is kinda a perfect example of why... because owners of Ebay ( stockholders) think that paypal will be more valuable as an independant company. And this is certainly the case here because a lot of major companies like Amazon and Google do not work well with paypal because Ebay is a direct competitor in major areas. Paypal should do much better now that it can operate without Ebay limiting who it can work with.

Ebay originally bought paypal because the majority of Ebay customers were individuals and small businesses who could not do business effectively because of paypal fees. When Ebay bought paypal, they removed a lot of those fees for ebay transactions, which made it easier for people to sell on ebay. But since then, ebay is no longer really an auction site, the majority of it´s revenues come from larger corporations now.