Pentagon Considers Protecting Syrian Rebels From Russia

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

History does repeat itself. Not too long ago, Russia and the U.S were fighting in Afghanistan and now it appears if the Russians continue to bomb anything "that looks like or walks like a terrorist" the U.S might be forced to step in to protect the Syrian rebels who Russia believes are terrorists. Should the Pentagon approve this then the Russia-U.S proxy war in Russia will be on.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...o-protect-us-backed-syria-rebels-targeted-by/
    And in the end neither of the two sides will win. Why not leave Syria now and let the Russian and Iranians fight ISIS and other terrorist groups since they are quite eager to do that?

2. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

Translation; Pentagon considers protecting ISIS from Russia. Isnt it obvious that most of those rebels are ISIS? The US government is just wasting time and resources.

3. MakeDollarsSense

MakeDollarsSense Well-Known Member

The U.S. knows who these rebels are already. The sad thing is the people that live in that region are just part of a mass genocide on all sides. They are caught in the middle of all these horrors. The refugees trying to escape the onslaught are dying from other situations too. Hopefully, this can be resolved in the near future, but I doubt that will be the case.

4. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

I would love to see Russian and American forces cooperating so they can perform joint operations against ISIS and to prevent friendly fire incidents but with all the pride there is behind the two nations I cannot see that happening unfortunately.

Best we can hope for is some sort of mutual agreements or something.