Pfizer and AstraZeneca—What’s Next

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by PaulSchinider, May 21, 2014.

1. PaulSchinider

PaulSchinider Well-Known Member

AstraZeneca has rejected Pfizer’s final acquisition proposal, however, the market continues to speculate whether Pfizer will be able to come back and negotiate with the British Pharamceutical

Industry sources are of the opinion that Pfizer Inc. (PFE) has left itself with little room to come back with a higher offer to acquire AstraZeneca (AZN) before its 28-day “put up or shut up” period expires.
    Britain-based-AstraZeneca rebuffed Pfizer's fourth and 'final' offer on Monday just nine hours after it was made, claiming that the $118 billion proposal undervalued the company, and at the same time, would have posed a severe threat to the company’s ongoing research projects.The rejection means that Pfizer, which had previously stated that the per-share price of £55 ($92.61) was final, would have to walk away from the table. Pfizer had also announced it had no intentions of engaging in a proxy battle with AstraZeneca.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I should probably keep a closer eye on this as I currently don't have a single healthcare company in my portfolio, and I've been looking into getting one. There are a lot of acquisitions going on in the business at the moment so I'm not surprised to see one (although a big one) fail.

3. PaulSchinider

PaulSchinider Well-Known Member

Yeah if you invest you have to watch company performance ....

Tags: