Pinterest Pinned With $5 Billion Valuation

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by PaulSchinider, May 16, 2014.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm up nearly 80% in 4 months on the hundred shares or so of twitter I bought after the lockup expiration. :D

Of course that's just a little speculative nibbling - not a big investment for me by any means.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I wish I could live a few days in your world JR, seems pretty fantastic to me. :)

3. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Hehe I agree Gelsemium, I think JR needs to start a daily thread where he tells us his movements in the market that day, it would be super interesting to read and maybe follow along.

4. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Well-Known Member

That's quite a high valuation - its interesting how all of these social networks which are relatively new are rapidly gaining very high valuations, it makes me kind of want to make my own social network. Its interesting to see how many more ideas people will get for social networks that will be worth in the billions.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

My life hasn't been all that fun the last week and a half or so. :D

I sold the twitter and trimmed some other stuff in the past 10 days or so.

My energy stocks and oil ETF are hurtin'.

6. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Well-Known Member

With this high of a valuation, I think that its release will be mainly just some quick profit for the owners - there is no way over the next 10 years or so Pinterest will stay at this valuation or even close to it - I think if it goes public it'll probably die in the next few years or so.

7. btatro

btatro Member

I never would have thought. I am not at all bored with Pinterest, though the interest does seem to come in spurts.

8. jdroc

jdroc Guest

How is pinning going to make money? I like what FB is doing because their PPC is really cheap and effective right now. I mean effective if a person knows what they are doing. I think Pinterest should be able to monetize with a marketing scheme derived directly from the pins. We'll see though.

9. twinsmommy31

twinsmommy31 Active Member

This is great for Pinterest. I think it is a great time to buy a little stock in this company. Users of Pinterest are increasing every day. people are using this as a great way to direct traffic to their blogs and their businesses. Social Media right now is what's booming. Those numbers speak volumes.

10. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I believe so , this is the perfect time to buy its stocks, no doubt about that.