Politics the Game

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by waseem59, May 10, 2014.

1. waseem59

waseem59 Well-Known Member

Mind game can be also called as politics. Playing politics can done only by the talented persons, How many of them agree with me, Post your views on Politics.

2. scissorhands

scissorhands Member

l see politics as one big game and a distraction, the reason why l say a game is because it is like moving pieces on a chess board every move has to be calculated and they have to watch and guess what the other is going to do. The reason why l saw a distraction is because while politicians are stood in front of the people feeding them with what they want to feed them with other things are going on behind the scenes.

3. soultakerkage

soultakerkage Guest

Playing politics is easy. You just have to say half truths and demonize everyone around you. It's like being on Twitter! But seriously, politics is nothing but a game of appearances. There have been many qualified candidates for the presidency. But nearly all end up taking a back seat to politicians who dig and dig for as much dirt as humanly possible. The only way this stops is if we stop voting for people who do nothing but mud-slinging. We need to start voting for those that actually just want to talk about the issues.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

The media plays a very important role in politics and outcomes these days. They choose their candidates, and they propagandize and selectively report and cover things based upon their likes and dislikes. They generally push whoever is most PC and liberal, and basically act as a PR firm for "their" candidates. Most people watch network news and read mainstream publications, and those networks and publications are heavily biased.

5. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Active Member

Politics is just all a big illusion of how the government is trying to help us maintain our "freedoms". Truth is, it is just a game. The big corporations just want to make sure their money is secure. I do not believe a word that they say.

6. fortunado30

fortunado30 Member

Politics is a mind game, it happening anywhere there are government politicians. It also happens in many companies especially when there are situation when someone or something like a company's unfair policy affects an employee. It is a fight for authority and power. Politics is constant since there will always be domestic and worldwide issues.

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Politicians are like actors these days, they say what's convenient regardless of that being connected to reality or not, it's the new virtual reality...

8. Leeroy_MY

Leeroy_MY Well-Known Member

"Politics is the practice and theory of influencing other people on a civic or individual level. More narrowly, it refers to achieving and exercising positions of governance — organized control over a human community, particularly a state.

A variety of methods are employed in politics, which include promoting one's own political views among people, negotiation with other political subjects, making laws, and exercising force, including warfare against adversaries.

Politics is exercised on a wide range of social levels, from clans and tribes of traditional societies, through modern local governments, companies and institutions up to sovereign states, to the international level." - Wikipedia

The way I see it, politics in democratic societies is the art of trying to keep the important people happy and fulfill their needs so that they can fulfill yours. (the majority demographic, business owners, your constituents, your friends in the office, your superiors etc)

I really don't understand people who complain about how politics are being conducted in their country but yet not do anything to change the circumstances they so despise. It seems as though they believe that constantly whining and complaining without taking action (or sometimes even not voting saying things like "oh, I have given up on the system yada yada") would actually lead to significant and solid change.

Imo, this is why the radicals have so much leeway in the way politics are being conducted nowadays. Because they shout the loudest and are willing to take drastic actions to justify their extreme viewpoints. This leads to politicians having the misconception that they represent the majority. It is time moderates realize that they are in the majority and have to speak up to prevent the rise of extremism and use their votes to punish politicians for unethical practices such as corruption.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  9. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I always vote, even if it's for a lesser of 2 evils. I also speak out at every opportunity, contribute to campaigns, and call and write my elected officials regularly. I do my part to try to influence change. But I'm only one man.

10. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 Well-Known Member

Well, I agree you must be talented to be in the game of politics. But, I do not think that it is something that only an elite number of can be involved with. If you look at the people in politics right now I gaurentee you will find plenty who if you saw them on the streets you would never think they would be in the political arena. I loke to believe that anyone can do anything so long as they set their minds to it.