Politics the Game

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by waseem59, May 10, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I've seen so many promises preyy, but is there anyone that still believes that those promises will ever be fulfilled? They say what they need to get the votes, but I bet they know that they are lying to us.

2. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

People have this sense of false hope Gelsemium. They are willing to give every liar a chance to prove himself. When they don't their ratings drop but like Obama they can still be re-elected if the other candidate is less trustworthy. Politicians themselves may convince themselves they are telling the truth. They may want to bring about change but once they step in office they realize that there's someone higher up whom they have to answer to and obey.

3. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

Politicians say whatever they want in order to get elected, they don't care whether they have to lie to people of make unrealistic promises, that's all just the means to an end.
    I think it was on the Daily Show they got a politician to admit that "his only goal for his term was to get reelected"

4. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I second you onthat one, politics is a big mind game, and apart from that politcs is also a dangerous game, only afew survive it.

5. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

A very wise person said that politicians talk to the voters and show them how they are better than the opposing candidate. The voters may even create enmity with each other because of these politicians. On the other hand the two politicians will meet and share a cup of tea in a lovely hotel and talk about their political strategies. To them it is just a game where the better player sits in the house of power.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I think you have to be careful about demonizing everyone who gets into politics. I think a lot of folks get into politics because they genuinely believe in a cause whether they are libertarians, conservatives or progressives. And they want to advance those ideas that they believe strongly in. Others of course get into it to have a lot of influence and because they want to enrich themselves.

7. Casper

Casper Well-Known Member

lol... agreed :)

Interesting and true but why is it true? Because people limit themselves to the Left Twix Right Twix party's. Why not vote for 'independents' and really make a difference. Everyone knows who controls the main party's and it aint the people. Change is needed. Obama promised it and I believed him but it was a lie. Kick them all out is what I say and replace them with real people of the people for the people as was intended originally.

I agree, I saw that many times with Obama, he was hamstrung and I am not talking about the GOPs... it was way higher than that.

8. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Rightly said...i cannot see how else the whole topic can be defined...maybe say marionette-kind-of-play?...only now in a more dirty dark way :(

9. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeR Member

Politics may be a "game" but its involved in all aspects of our lives. We are talking about government politics for the majority of the time on this forum, but politics in your job/ in your personal life/ in every aspect can be studied and debated much the same way. Public policy and laws are essential to our functioning and "politics" is a discourse that enables us to weigh out our options.