Positive Impact Of Religion

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rainman, Oct 29, 2015.

1. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

For me, religion has several positive impacts:

1. It offers guidelines on how you can live your life morally. There are people who use their religion as a way of living the righteous life because religion does give us that set of rules that we have to abide by in our day to day lives. On the other hand, some people doesn't even need religion to live their life righteously and that's fine too. But to live immorally even with your religion's teachings within your mind and heart, it's also something that happens quite frequently.

2. It offers humility and faith. My religion teaches me to believe that all of this, humanity, the world we live in, the animals, a Creator created all of this. The universe, while so wide and fascinating, is also created by one Supreme being. And that simply makes me humble because how can I not? Someone so powerful was able to create all this, that can make someone humble and faithful.

3. It offers contentment. Though we should strive to reach our goals, my religion teaches me to not want more than what I need. To give back to my community when I can and to not be greedy when it comes to material things.

So for me, religion offers a lot of positive impacts especially if you follow by its teachings.